Merge and Route
User Centered Design
All MIDI cables plug vertically into the top panel which frees up valuable table space. The top panel graphics connect each button-jack pair so you know exactly which device you are routing or filtering.
Routing MIDI paths and configuring MIDI filters is easy with the full color LEDs and the one button per input / one button per output front panel layout.
11 inputs and 17 outputs, including 5 PIN DINs, 3.5MM MIDI jacks (in both type A and type B flavors), 4 USB host ports (with 4 virtual USB MIDI input ports each), and a USB client (PC) connection with 12 virtual USB MIDI ports. Everything you could want for connecting MIDI gear in your studio.
For more advanced tasks use the graphical UI on the sharp color OLED display. Using the tabs and folders style UI with the cursor buttons and encoder makes navigation simple. Once the MRCC is configured, save it to memory for recall later. All this with no confusing PC app.
The optional MRCC Remote provides a convenient, clean solution for getting MIDI outputs to a remote location, such as into a 19″ rack or to your keyboard stand. The Remote is connected to MRCC with a single shielded Ethernet cable, eliminating a bundle of MIDI cables.
Currently wrapping up development of the production firmware. We are currently doing a round of beta testing while we are waiting on the production units to arrive in March. Parts for production are already waiting at the PCBA house. Other parts of the assembly, the enclosure, power supply, packaging, etc are on order.
The tentative schedule is, Kickstarter units to ship End of March 2021. Backerkit orders to ship in April.
Some close ups of the MRCC screens in development. The OLED display is expensive, but looks so good:
Check out some videos demonstrating the user interface in development (more on our YouTube channel here):
- International AC/DC power supply included
Input: 110~240V AC
Output: 5V DC, 3A
- USB Host ports for USB MIDI class compliant devices only. We are compiling a list
- MIDI input and sound modules that meet MIDI standards, including MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression) devices are supported
- Dims: 15.5” wide
- 29 routing buttons
- Color OLED Screen
- Encoder and navigation buttons
- 5x MIDI 5-Pin Inputs, optically isolated
- 2 jack selectable 3.5MM TRS MIDI (type A and B) input (shared with 1x 5 pin DIN), choose 1 of the 3
- 2 jack selectable 3.5MM TRS MIDI input (MIDI type A and B) choose 1 of the 2
- 4x USB 2.0 Host ports (in and out)
- 1x USB Device port for connecting to a PC or tablet. With 12 virtual MIDI I/O ports (16 channels per port = 192 channels in and out).
- 10x MIDI 5-Pin Outputs
- 4x 3.5MM TRS (2x type A and 2x type B, thru
- 1x Clock Out 1/8th inch jack
- 1x RJ45 for optional MRCC Remote (not Ethernet)
- Power switch
MRCC comes with a limited warranty to the original owner for 1 year from the time you received it.
- I/O – 11 in x 17 out routable and filtered MIDI ports (19 output connections counting MIDI thru ports)
- Message filters – clock, note on/off, CC, prog change, & Stop/Start/Continue
- Mappings – velocity scaling, channel, & 12 PC virtual cables on the PC port. Each USB host port has 4 virtual USB MIDI in cables and one merged out. You needed 4 ins for The NDLR, right?
- Tools – save/load presets (Program Change selectable), MIDI routing tests for all ports and channels, & Visual MIDI monitors
- And more – MIDI CC control for MRCC Arpeggiators
- CV Clock Out, passed from the MIDI input of your choice, or internally generated with choice of PPQ
- The OLED screen, navigation buttons and encoder are intended to “future proof“ the MRCC. It’s designed to be a long lasting part of your studio!
More to come…
- Multiple Arpeggiators
- Keyboard Splits and layers
- Velocity mapping
- Port labeling with a compatible USB keyboard. Auto learning USB device labels
- hal 2000 AI reads your mind menu system. Press enter to jump between context appropriate screens
- MIDI message monitor
- MIDI message indicators on routing screens (you won’t know how you lived without this), including clock indicator
- Full matrix routing monitor
We will update this section with details of other functionality as development progresses
- Optional Remote 7 MIDI extender cleanly extends 5 of your MRCC MIDI outputs* across the room to your keyboard rack, 19″ rack, or wherever you need them, with a single Ethernet cable
- It adds 5x 5-Pin MIDI thru ports. Two of which have both 5-Pin and 3.5mm ports
- We plan to include an appropriate “connector shielded” Ethernet cable. Length 10 meters. Supports up to 50 feet.
- The RJ45 jacks on the MRCC and Remote 7 are not Ethernet. DO NOT connect it to any Ethernet devices
- Only one Remote device may be connected. *We plan to enhanced MRCC firmware to make the Remote 7 ports into 5 additional MIDI ports rather than shared (thru) ports. We will investigate this further after launch.