Merge and Route
User Centered Design
All MIDI cables plug vertically into the top panel which frees up valuable table space. The top panel graphics connect each button-jack pair so you know exactly which device you are routing or filtering.
Routing MIDI paths and configuring MIDI filters is easy with the full color LEDs and the one button per input / one button per output front panel layout.
11 inputs and 17 outputs, including 5 PIN DINs, 3.5MM MIDI jacks (in both type A and type B flavors), 4 USB host ports (with 4 virtual USB MIDI input ports each), and a USB client (PC) connection with 12 virtual USB MIDI ports. Everything you could want for connecting MIDI gear in your studio.
For more advanced tasks use the graphical UI on the sharp color OLED display. Using the tabs and folders style UI with the cursor buttons and encoder makes navigation simple. Once the MRCC is configured, save it to memory for recall later. All this with no confusing PC app.
The optional MRCC Remote provides a convenient, clean solution for getting MIDI outputs to a remote location, such as into a 19″ rack or to your keyboard stand. The Remote is connected to MRCC with a single shielded Ethernet cable, eliminating a bundle of MIDI cables.
Expand the MRCC with the MRCC Remote 7. It adds 5 – 5 pin DIN connectors, with 2 shared 3.5MM TRS (in both A and B flavors). It comes with a 10 meter Ethernet cable to get MIDI outputs to where you need them, without a bunch of MIDI cables.
Rack mount the MRCC with 2U Rack Ears. These strong, powder coated steel rack ears mount the MRCC in a standard 19-inch rack.
*Accessories sold separately.
Currently wrapping up development of the production firmware. We are currently doing a round of beta testing while we are waiting on the production units to arrive around end of April. PCBs are already made. Other parts of the assembly; the enclosure, power supply, packaging, etc are on order.
The tentative schedule is, Kickstarter units to ship End of April 2021. Backerkit pre-orders to ship early May.
Some close ups of the MRCC screens in development. The OLED display is expensive, but looks so good:
Check out some videos demonstrating the user interface in development (more on our YouTube channel here):
- International AC/DC power supply included
Input: 100~240V AC
Output: 5V DC, 3A USB-PD type C connector
- USB Host ports for USB MIDI class compliant devices only. We are compiling a list of compatible devices.
- MIDI input and sound modules that meet MIDI standards, including MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression) devices are supported
- Dims: 15.5” x 3.5″ x 1.9″
- 28 routing buttons, plus remote routing button
- Color OLED Screen
- Encoder and navigation buttons
- 5x MIDI 5-Pin Inputs
- 2 jack selectable 3.5MM TRS MIDI (type A and B) input (shared with 1x 5 pin DIN), choose 1 of the 3
- 2 jack selectable 3.5MM TRS MIDI input (MIDI type A and B) choose 1 of the 2
- All MIDI inputs are optically isolated
- 4x USB 2.0 Host ports (in and out)
- 1x USB Device port for connecting to a PC or tablet. With 12 individually routable virtual MIDI I/O ports (16 channels per port = 192 channels in and out).
- 10x MIDI 5-Pin Outputs
- 4x 3.5MM TRS (2x type A and 2x type B, thru) can be used simultaneously
- 1x Clock Out 3.5MM jack (use a mono cable)
- 1x RJ45 for optional MRCC Remote (not Ethernet)
- Power switch
- FW update button (recessed)
MRCC comes with a limited warranty to the original owner for 1 year from the time you received it.
- I/O – 11 in x 17 out routable and filtered MIDI ports (19 output connections counting MIDI thru ports)
- Automatically merges Inputs, when routing to a common output.
- Message filters – clock, note on/off, CC, prog change, & Stop/Start/Continue
- Mappings – velocity scaling, channel, & 12 PC virtual cables on the PC port. Each USB host port has 4 virtual USB MIDI in cables and one out. You needed 4 ins for The NDLR, right?
- Tools – save/load presets, MIDI routing tests for all ports and channels, & Visual MIDI monitors
- And more – MIDI CC control for MRCC Arpeggiators
- CV Clock Out, for use with MRCC internally generated clock w/ configurable PPQ (1, 2, 4 and 24PPQ). 5V or 12V selectable
And More …
- Multiple Arpeggiators
- Keyboard Splits and layers
- Velocity mapping (e.g., compress velocity from 0-127 to 0-100 for DX7)
- CC mapping and scaling. Velocity and aftertouch can map to CCs (e.g., Volca FM CC for velocity, or use for modulating synth parameters)
- Port labeling with a compatible (US) USB keyboard. Auto learning USB device labels
- Hal 1999 AI reads your mind menu system. Press the encoder to jump between context appropriate screens
- MIDI message indicators on routing screens (you won’t know how you lived without this), including clock indicator
- Full matrix routing monitor with clock source indicator(s)
- MIDI message monitor
We will update this section with details of other functionality as development progresses
- Optional Remote 7 MIDI extender cleanly extends 5 of your MRCC MIDI outputs* across the room to your keyboard rack, 19″ rack, or wherever you need them, with a single Ethernet cable
- It adds 5x 5-Pin MIDI thru ports. Two of which have both 5-Pin and 3.5mm ports
- We will include an appropriate “connector shielded” Ethernet cable. Length 10 meters. Supports up to 50 feet*.
*MIDI Spec says max MIDI cable length is 50 ft. So if you have a 50 ft. Ethernet cable you should not use long MIDI cables on the Remote.
- The RJ45 jacks on the MRCC and Remote 7 are not Ethernet. DO NOT connect it to any Ethernet devices
- Only one Remote device may be connected. *We plan to enhanced MRCC firmware to make the Remote 7 ports into 5 additional MIDI ports rather than shared (thru) ports. We will investigate this further after launch.
MRCC 2U Rack Ears
Mount the MRCC in a standard 19 inch rack, with the available MRCC 2U Rack Ears.
Made of steel and powder coated for longevity. Mount the MRCC in a 2U space.