Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,736
» Latest member: BrianGlups
» Forum threads: 1,186
» Forum posts: 5,821

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 220 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 216 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
knobs don't immediately c...
Forum: General Support
Last Post: pmourard
04-25-2024, 09:08 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 23
Midi learn for functions.
Forum: MRCC Feature Requests
Last Post: House de Kris
04-24-2024, 04:48 PM
» Views: 10
Bricked MRCC after latest...
Last Post: chad.painter@gmail.com
04-23-2024, 08:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Bug: MRCC stops creating ...
Last Post: Jezric
04-23-2024, 10:58 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 370
Port Monitoring (lightsho...
Last Post: Sunbusta
04-22-2024, 01:25 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 48
Switch mapping via MIDI
Forum: MRCC Advanced Configuration
Last Post: NYMusician
04-21-2024, 10:10 AM
» Views: 32
Changing arpeggio rhythm ...
04-20-2024, 12:54 AM
» Views: 16
Smooth turn knobs -> notc...
Last Post: Tugdual
04-19-2024, 12:40 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2,172
Arpeggiator Latch always ...
04-19-2024, 10:13 AM
» Views: 13
MRCC Midi out D light bli...
Last Post: Jesse Johannesen
04-18-2024, 08:55 PM
» Views: 18

NDLR + guitar
Posted by: leave trace - 12-19-2018, 11:46 AM - Forum: Show me what you got! - Replies (3)

The NDRL makes a brief visual cameo in this clip from last night's rehearsal. Pad is controlling a Novation Peak and Motif 1 is controlling a Roland JU-06. It's been getting a lot of milage in my band jams lately. Smile

https://www.facebook.com/MonsterPlanetSe...139670030/

Print this item

Video Gaz Williams Live Stream on YouTube
Posted by: Darryl - 12-19-2018, 11:38 AM - Forum: Show me what you got! - No Replies

Here's the edited version of Gaz' live stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcFx27BpjE4

Print this item

Some UI comments/questions
Posted by: oldgearguy - 12-19-2018, 03:30 AM - Forum: General Support - Replies (1)

The red ring around the stopped white circle is very difficult to see for me.  Around the blue  'playing' circle it's fine.  Maybe when a part is stopped, fill the circle in red to make it more obvious?

I don't know how much of an outlier this next one is, but I don't use USB at all.  It would be nice if there was a way to select which ports are active for my setup so when I scroll through the MIDI channels, I only see what I'm (potentially) using.

Print this item

Drone ticks
Posted by: oldgearguy - 12-19-2018, 03:07 AM - Forum: General Support - Replies (10)

Got the NDLR and have some time to play around this morning.  So far, loving the functionality and am quickly getting used to the menu system.

One thing I noticed - I am using an HX3 organ module for the drone and I'm hearing a slight 'tick' on the 1.  Hooked up a MIDI monitor and noticed that I'm seeing note off/on messages at the start of every bar and that's causing the brief ticking sound.

Is it possible to configure the Drone section to really be a drone - i.e. - note on until I press Stop or change note values?

Print this item

crazy chaining or more organicity from motif channels
Posted by: funktree - 12-18-2018, 08:37 AM - Forum: General Support - Replies (1)

I want higher notes from motif to be generated with lover velocity values. ( I know I should do this on the synth mod matrix but not all have that option)  Do you think this could work:

1. Route "MIDI B out" to "MIDI A in" via smart MIDI merge (B channel 1 to A channel 15 control channel) 
2. Set modulation source to Velocity 
3. Set modulation destination to CC of velocity (I don’t think that is available, there is no CC and velocity is NOT exposed as destination)
4. Invert the MOD range (I don’t think this is possible either)
5. Now the higher notes are played with lover velocity, 

Is this idea too crazy ? looping MIDI B to MIDI A ? 

I see bunch of scenarios to “tweak" the MOTIF results like this. In the worst case add MOTIF rhythm/tune output as modulation source and perhaps ability to reverse the range on on destination. Then I can have any CC to be tweaked by note or velocity.   

While on this, do you think it would make sense to add to Humanization Note length or Note nudging ?  Slight variation would make the results more organic. (I’m constantly changing decay on percussive patches to use S&H or random) 

I have to stop with these posts b/c there just so much work you guys have to do before the year ends ... and Im bugging you with these features right ?     

Print this item

question: lock a motif or static motif playing
Posted by: funktree - 12-18-2018, 08:05 AM - Forum: General Support - Replies (1)

What do I do if I want a static motif that does not change notes when I click the circle of buttons ?  
Meaning, a motif excluded from chord changes, thus playing same notes of the rhythm/melody pattern regardless of the circle buttons activation ?  
Can I do it with some option with current FW ? 
This is a common thing (OP-Z) where you “exclude” a track from chord changing
Do you think it makes sense to implement something like this ? 
Drone already works in this way I think.

Print this item

love it
Posted by: funktree - 12-18-2018, 07:43 AM - Forum: General Support - Replies (1)

While going trough various info about NDLR I noticed that the independence between length of the rhythm pattern and length of the melody pattern was almost unintentional feature (polyrhythms) . Well that along the MOD matrix are the best features of this cool box!
Other great aspects of this device:

1. You really listened and made a lot of touches with humanization. 
2. You guys gave us a modular (eurorack) level of customization. 

I hope the strum pad section will utilize the rhythm pattern too once finished 
I’m very impressed by how nicely this came out, and firmware is very solid compared to other small manufacturers 

THANKS AGAIN

ps: 100mA power consumption?  OMG I can run NDLR with a typical USB power bank for days

Print this item

Motif Velocity
Posted by: funktree - 12-18-2018, 07:31 AM - Forum: General Support - Replies (3)

So I tried to lover the velocity on global page but when I got back to motif(1/2) and changed the velocity to Motif velocity it would not recognize the new smaller value. Am I doing something wrong ? 

While on this I would suggest that the global velocity setting could also SCALE the rhythm pattern velocity as a poor man volume control

Print this item

global settings confusion
Posted by: funktree - 12-18-2018, 07:16 AM - Forum: General Support - Replies (4)

I’m not sure if I understand global settings.
Please clarify this for me.
For me each global setting represents a song or arrangement. 
I can hardly imagine I could use one global setting for two songs
If yes, can we get more slots ?

Print this item

a small bug in rhythm editor
Posted by: funktree - 12-18-2018, 07:11 AM - Forum: General Support - Replies (2)

Not sure if this is correct section to post a bug
Please hookup blofeld to midi A
1. go to  rhythm editor 
2. Changing velocity on a step
3. The machine “chokes” and send out some midi 
4. Blofeld chokes by too many MIDI messages or tempo request messages 
This does not happen with JD-XI but I can see that display behaves erratically while changing velocity for a step 

Let me know if you have further question

Print this item