Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,830
» Latest member: alexgilbert
» Forum threads: 1,186
» Forum posts: 5,821

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 116 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 112 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, Methrenclota

Latest Threads
Screen gone Black after ...
Forum: General Support
Last Post: geekraver
5 hours ago
» Replies: 12
» Views: 11,115
How can I write my report...
Last Post: alexgilbert
Today, 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Measurements for Side Pan...
Last Post: Jesse Johannesen
Yesterday, 10:50 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3
MIDI not passing through ...
Yesterday, 08:20 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 78
Extender not seen
Last Post: Stereo Jones
09-04-2024, 07:17 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 34
MRCC Availability?
Last Post: geekraver
09-02-2024, 05:58 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 296
CC Remap not working as i...
09-02-2024, 07:13 AM
» Views: 111
What is your most fun, no...
09-02-2024, 07:05 AM
» Views: 15
I want Advice on Enhancin...
09-02-2024, 06:49 AM
» Views: 15
New extras - MIDI cable t...
Forum: MRCC Feature Requests
09-01-2024, 08:53 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 171

NDLR & Virus C - 1st take
Posted by: midiotx0x - 12-16-2018, 02:14 PM - Forum: Show me what you got! - Replies (1)

I just hooked this up and selected some presets off Virus C banks. Satisfying to get some sounds out but I definitely need to RTFM. 
NDLr 1

https://clyp.it/xfvqhbeg

Print this item

Motif midi ranges...
Posted by: rkylberg - 12-04-2018, 01:17 PM - Forum: General Support - Replies (2)

I would like to limit the midi range of Motif 1 and 2.

I have experimented with position and pattern length to try to set ranges but have not been able to get what I want.

My aim is to limit one motif to C5 thru C7 and the other to C4 thru C5.

Is there a setting for motifs that allows me to establish motif midi ranges?

Thanks!

Print this item

iOS editor
Posted by: leave trace - 12-04-2018, 11:21 AM - Forum: Feature Requests - Replies (5)

It would be super slick to have an ipad/iphone app for easier editing of patterns and rhythms and other settings. Drawing in patterns, pinching and dragging motif ranges, editing both motifs or other parts on the same screen... seems like it could open up a bunch of new ways to interact with the machine.

Print this item

swing?
Posted by: leave trace - 12-03-2018, 03:10 PM - Forum: Feature Requests - Replies (8)

Maybe i missed it in the manual, but is there a way to add a bit of swing to the patterns or globally? The humanize amount is more related to note velocity rather and quantization, correct?

Print this item

NDLR + A4
Posted by: leave trace - 12-02-2018, 07:53 PM - Forum: Show me what you got! - Replies (6)

Loving the NDLR so far! Makes me feel like a CNDCTR.  Big Grin

Here's an early improv with it driving the 4 voices of the Analog Four MK1, with a Digitakt providing some light percussion. 

https://soundcloud.com/leave-trace/decembering

I'm looking forward to getting more experienced with this little box of fun.

Print this item

NDLR + Arturia Beatstep Pro
Posted by: Orkney - 12-01-2018, 04:46 PM - Forum: General Support - Replies (7)

Just wanted to say, the NDLR is a great piece of kit. Soon after turning mine on for the first time, I figured out that it needed a friend, and after introducing it to my Beatstep Pro, I think the two fell in love.

Although I did not have too long before I ran into problems with my NDRL, the configuration was to do some simple drum patterns with the drum sequencer, while track 1 on the Beatstep Pro played back "Themes". track 2 on the beatstep drove the NDLR.  I know the original thesis on the NDLR was to create some musically interesting patterns to give people something to tweak sounds, but I found this combo compelling. 

I did not get as far as setting up the right-most 4 drum pads on the BeatStep to turn the individual parts on and off, but that is something I will try eventually.  The biggest niggle is that I was driving software instruments on a Mac, and each time I fired up the NDLR, it was 5 minutes to configure midi over USB. Other than that - awesome. 

So if you have both, do introduce them.

Bruce / Orkney

Print this item

Dead NDLR?
Posted by: Orkney - 12-01-2018, 03:29 PM - Forum: General Support - Replies (3)

Hello all, backer #15 (I think)

After a glorious week with my lovely NDLR that I have fully enjoyed, it refused to power up today. To the Conductive Labs folks - what do you want me to do to get this in for repair?

Thanks

Bruce H

Update - Seems my Mac can still see the NDLR, and it does things. But the display is quite dead. Given the previous display challenges, this may warrant some attention.

Print this item

Hello!!
Posted by: yami - 11-29-2018, 02:32 AM - Forum: Synths and Gear News, Discussion - Replies (3)

Hello mate,

Good day to all! I'm a newbie here. I would like to say hello to all of you guys. 

Thanks!

Alliance University admission
Dayananda Sagar University admission
Pes University admission
ramaiah institute of management studies admission
M S Ramaiah University admission
Acharya institute of technology direct admission

Bangalore institute of technology management quota
BMS college of engineering Admission
RV college of Engineering direct admission
Bangalore institute of technology direct admission
CMR Institute of Technology Admission

Print this item

Video Nav the Knobs video
Posted by: Darryl - 11-27-2018, 09:53 PM - Forum: General Support - Replies (1)

A brief introduction to navigating the interface and controls of The NDLR:

https://youtu.be/hqzh78XgMZA

Print this item

KeyStep controlling The NDLR
Posted by: Steve - 11-27-2018, 01:36 PM - Forum: Advanced Features - Replies (4)

Hi All,
At the Conductive Labs "Ship" celebration (Nov '18) Craig from Genshi Media Group did a NDLR performance for everyone that was recorded and can be found on YouTube: Conductive Labs NDLR Launch Party Demo Performance.

We had some questions about how the Arturia KeyStep was controlling The NDLR via the Mod Matrix and what was it doing.  

The KeyStep was connect to The NDLR using the MIDI 5 Pin Din connected to MIDI IN 'A'.  

Craig was doing a few things actually. He was using the KeyStep to change the Chord Type. The keyboard velocity was mapped to the Pad Range (number of notes played) and the Mod Wheel was mapped to the Pad Position. This was accomplished by aligning the MIDI channels between the KeyStep and The NDLR, and mapping the inbound MIDI messages in the Modulation Matrix.  He also used The NDLR's note Transpose feature.  Here are the details:

1)  to change the Chord Degree, this is the chord number like a I, IV, V progression  

• The KeyStep's MIDI output channel (15 in this case) is set to the same as The NDLR's "NDLR Cntl" MIDI input channel (found in System Menu 1). 
  • The white keys, C-B, map to the 1-7 Chord Degree buttons.  
  • The black keys map to the Chord Type buttons, triad, 7th, sus4, etc... (see manual for details on the mapping).
2)  to change the Pad Range, the number of notes the Pad plays
  • The KeyStep's MIDI output channel (15 in this case) is set to the same as The NDLR's "NDLR Cntl" MIDI input channel (found in System Menu 1).  
  • In the Mod Matrix (he used slot #1) the Source is set to Velocity and the Destination was set to Pad Range. The Mod Amount and Destination Value  was adjusted to match Craig's preferences. This maps the inbound MIDI Velocity from the device set to the "NDLR Cntl" MIDI input channel to the Mod Matrix Destination. 
3)  to change the Pad Position, which octave(s) notes the Pad plays
  • The KeyStep's MIDI output channel (15 in this case) is set to the same as The NDLR's "NDLR Cntl" MIDI input channel (found in System Menu 1). 
  • In the Mod Matrix (he used slot #2) the Source is set to Mod Wheel and the Destination was set to Pad Position. The Mod Amount and Destination Value was adjusted to match Craig's preferences. This maps the inbound MIDI Mod Wheel value from the device set to the "NDLR Cntl" MIDI input channel to the Mod Matrix Destination.  
4) to play Transposed notes
  • The KeyStep's MIDI output channel (16 in this case) is set to the same as The NDLR's "KB Trans" MIDI input channel (found in System Menu 1).
  • The KeyStep's notes are being transposed to the current Key and Mode of The NDLR.  So playing in the key of "C" on the KeyStep's keyboard will always be in the right key and mode!
NOTE: Craig was changing the MIDI channel between 15 and 16 of the KeyStep during the performance to switch between "NDLR control mode" and "transpose mode".

Thanks,
Steve

Print this item