Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB sysex issues
(04-08-2022, 08:10 AM)oldgearguy Wrote:
(04-08-2022, 05:48 AM)Stratblue Wrote: So....I've updated to the 52 firmware and can see it in the start up screen however I'm still getting nothing. I'm going from PC out1 to din output 1, where my Octopus sequencer resides, and din output 6 where I have a midi indicator. The file I'm sending is in Sysex librarian and it's sending on Port 1, I've posted the sysex file below. I see a little green arrow in the display during transmission and the midi indicator flashes but the Octopus refuses to acknowledge receipt. Any help would be great.

Since the sysex file is large, you'll have to configure Sysex Librarian to send smaller (less than 512 byte) buffers of data with a slight pause between transmissions and possibly slow down the overall transmission rate.  Not in front of the Mac at the moment, but if no one has some screen shots/numbers later today, I'll post some suggestions.

Hey OGG.

I was looking in Sysex Librarian and I don't see anywhere to adjust the size of the sysex, I do see pause between played messages, a receive timeout and transmission speeds though.
(04-28-2022, 04:47 AM)Stratblue Wrote:
(04-08-2022, 08:10 AM)oldgearguy Wrote:
(04-08-2022, 05:48 AM)Stratblue Wrote: So....I've updated to the 52 firmware and can see it in the start up screen however I'm still getting nothing. I'm going from PC out1 to din output 1, where my Octopus sequencer resides, and din output 6 where I have a midi indicator. The file I'm sending is in Sysex librarian and it's sending on Port 1, I've posted the sysex file below. I see a little green arrow in the display during transmission and the midi indicator flashes but the Octopus refuses to acknowledge receipt. Any help would be great.

Since the sysex file is large, you'll have to configure Sysex Librarian to send smaller (less than 512 byte) buffers of data with a slight pause between transmissions and possibly slow down the overall transmission rate.  Not in front of the Mac at the moment, but if no one has some screen shots/numbers later today, I'll post some suggestions.

Hey OGG.

I was looking in Sysex Librarian and I don't see anywhere to adjust the size of the sysex, I do see pause between played messages, a receive timeout and transmission speeds though.

Crap - am I mixing up MIDI-Ox and Sysex Librarian???  I'll check again this afternoon, but I thought I saw a buffer size at the bottom of a screen.  Unfortunately the effective firewalls at my workplace prevent me from accessing the SNoize site to even read the docs...
At the bottom of the transmission speed window there is a "Transmit Buffer Size" field. That's what I was talking about
(04-28-2022, 11:57 AM)oldgearguy Wrote: At the bottom of the transmission speed window there is a "Transmit Buffer Size" field.  That's what I was talking about

Are you  on version 1.5? I'm running an old Mac out of necessity so I'm only on 1.3...I'll try an upgrade tonight, see if it runs.
(04-29-2022, 03:21 AM)Stratblue Wrote:
(04-28-2022, 11:57 AM)oldgearguy Wrote: At the bottom of the transmission speed window there is a "Transmit Buffer Size" field.  That's what I was talking about

Are you  on version 1.5? I'm running an old Mac out of necessity so I'm only on 1.3...I'll try an upgrade tonight, see if it runs.

1.4 running on a Mac Mini (late 2018) Mojave OS 10.14.6
2022-10-31

No surprise to anyone who's been on this thread, but the 256 byte transmit limit from PC to outboard synth is also present on the newly released MRCC 880.

Ironically, this was the first capability I tested with the 880 + my patch editor, so I ran into it immediately. oldgearguy helped confirm the issue.

Am using the 880 primarily with legacy synths and patch editors, so this is a deal breaker for this use. I really like the 880, otherwise.

Yes, Sysex Librarian on macOS enabled me to stumble onto the answer with "Transmit Buffer Size" set to anything other than Default (which is 512 bytes, apparently).

So yes: enabling some way to set transmit buffer size at or below 256 bytes is obviously an important feature request for MRCC 880, as well.
(10-31-2022, 05:00 PM)WireWrangler Wrote: 2022-10-31

No surprise to anyone who's been on this thread, but the 256 byte transmit limit from PC to outboard synth is also present on the newly released MRCC 880.

Ironically, this was the first capability I tested with the 880 + my patch editor, so I ran into it immediately. oldgearguy helped confirm the issue.

Am using the 880 primarily with legacy synths and patch editors, so this is a deal breaker for this use. I really like the 880, otherwise.

Yes, Sysex Librarian on macOS enabled me to stumble onto the answer with "Transmit Buffer Size" set to anything other than Default (which is 512 bytes, apparently).

So yes: enabling some way to set transmit buffer size above 256 bytes is obviously an important feature request for MRCC 880, as well.

This is a completely different product, with completely different firmware so it should probably be on its own thread in an MRCC 880 section. I'll make one and move it.
2022-10-31
Yes, I understand the MRC 880 is a different product with different firmware: one that I own and have tested quite a bit in the last two days and have discovered to have evinced similar behavior as reported re: the MRCC, in this thread, re: sysex transmission and the apparent 256 byte limit.

Was attempting to make a correlation re: behavioral similarities between the two models, and I apologize if the observation was 'off-topic.'

And I had already posted a forum thread on this topic in the MRC 880 section, yesterday and earlier today:
MRCC 880 issue with patch data sysex not transmitting from PC to synth DIN input
https://conductivelabs.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=2042

Thanks.
(10-31-2022, 06:42 PM)WireWrangler Wrote: 2022-10-31
Yes, I understand the MRC 880 is a different product with different firmware: one that I own and have tested quite a bit in the last two days and have discovered to have evinced similar behavior as reported re: the MRCC, in this thread, re: sysex transmission and the apparent 256 byte limit.

Was attempting to make a correlation re: behavioral similarities between the two models, and I apologize if the observation was 'off-topic.'

And I had already posted a forum thread on this topic in the MRC 880 section, yesterday and earlier today:
MRCC 880 issue with patch data sysex not transmitting from PC to synth DIN input
https://conductivelabs.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=2042

Thanks.

Thanks, I just posted to the MRCC 880 thread on this topic.
Hi all - new owner here struggling with this issue. Specifically- I’m trying to get my virus ti to speak with the mystery islands (now aura) editor through midi din. The ti is unique in that it’s usb and din can’t be active at one time (other synths i want to control don’t have this issue and they makes life easier for a hybrid setup). I am able to get things to work using a direct connection to my hapax, to my interface and through the din on a mio, but no matter what I try, as soon as I add the MRCC to the loop it breaks down. I can confirm the routing is correct from pc to virus and back but it seems like it just isn’t sending the sysex needed for the editor and device to connect.

Anything I can try? I’m on the latest firmware previously linked as beta by seems to just be the latest from April?