Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB compatible (or not) devices list
Perhaps it would be helpful to collect user reports here, in one place, on successes, or failures, connecting MIDI devices via USB, to supplement the official list MRCC USB Host Compatibility Tracker | Conductive Labs LLC and these data could be used to update that page.  [EDIT: As per Jesse's mention in Post 6 below, if you report a successful device, please confirm that the connection holds while leaving the device on through an MRCC power cycle!]

If anyone wants to add or confirm devices as communicating or not, please do.  I'll add more as I try things out; so far just one that I'm sure about:

Novation 61SL Mk3, keyboard / controller / sequencer: working on tracks that have USB optionally selected as the MIDI port.  So far only tested as a source.  There is also a 49SL Mk3 which is evidently identical except for the number of keys, so presumably the results would be the same.
[EDIT: Confirming that this device still worked after the MRCC was turned off and back on.  Even left it's sequencer running on one check, and it resumed when the connection was re-established.]
(08-06-2021, 10:46 PM)Dark Waves Wrote: Perhaps it would be helpful to collect user reports here, in one place, on successes, or failures, connecting MIDI devices via USB, to supplement the official list MRCC USB Host Compatibility Tracker | Conductive Labs LLC and these data could be used to update that page.

If anyone wants to add or confirm devices as communicating or not, please do.  I'll add more as I try things out; so far just one that I'm sure about:

Novation 61SL Mk3, keyboard / controller / sequencer: working on tracks that have USB optionally selected as the MIDI port.  So far only tested as a source.  There is also a 49SL Mk3 which is evidently identical except for the number of keys, so presumably the results would be the same.

Great idea, I appreciate you taking the initiative. Here is what I've got on my running list of devices to add updates for currently:
MRCC Compatibility updates:
Working:
PREENFM2, FM3, Launchpad pro MKIII, 61SL MK3,
Summit, Peak

Working with issues
CIRCUIT TRACKS, RHYTHM,(these two do have an issue as they send SYSEX all the time and can interfere with note messages in some cases).

Sensel Morph - may cause problems if connected during boot, works great after MRCC is booted up (still need confirmation). 

Jesse Johannesen
Waldorf Pulse2 synth module: working as a destination.  Routed keyboard via DIN 2 to USB B1 to Pulse2.  This synth can apparently output clock signals, but I didn't test the return direction on the USB input, only the send.
[EDIT: Confirming that this device still worked after the MRCC was turned off and back on.]
Good thinking...

I can confirm that the following are working here:

Faderfox EC4 MIDI Controller: Working as a source

M-Audio Key Station 61 Mk3 MIDI Keyboard: Working as a source

... which is nice.
Can confirm Morningstar MC8 works. Torso Electronics T-1 sequencer however doesn't work over USB but works over DIN. I want to do some more testing before I file a proper bug report on that one.
I think it bears mentioning that in order to say a device works, we should be able to plug it into the unit and power cycle it without issue. It may be worth giving that a shot on these "works" devices to see how they hold up.
(08-11-2021, 06:10 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: I think it bears mentioning that in order to say a device works, we should be able to plug it into the unit and power cycle it without issue. It may be worth giving that a shot on these "works" devices to see how they hold up.

Do you mean power cycling the MRCC, while leaving the other device on?
(08-11-2021, 06:55 PM)Dark Waves Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 06:10 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: I think it bears mentioning that in order to say a device works, we should be able to plug it into the unit and power cycle it without issue. It may be worth giving that a shot on these "works" devices to see how they hold up.

Do you mean power cycling the MRCC, while leaving the other device on?

Yep. I've had some cases where the MRCC works fine when you plug the device in and start using it, however if you power it off and on again while hooked up it causes the MRCC to hang on one of the boot stages. The problem seems to stem from the amount of time it takes a device to be assigned a name in the system (enumeration). Because of this it's important to try this out before we give it the thumbs up. 
Jesse
OK, I'll go back and recheck the ones above, and add that step to future ones.
I've updated my two reports above to include the power cycle checks.