Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MIDI channel for NDLR Transpose
Hi, I am struggling with that to setup , somehow or doing something wrong or even maybe misunderstand the whole thing of it.

MIDI channel for NDLR Control worked out and is really cool.

I have a MIO10 midi patchbay an use the Elektron Analog Key (AK) with its external keyboard mode and set the xternal channel to 16.
NDLR sends a out all on MIDI A and the patchbay send all incoming to the other synths.

Using channel 15 for NDLR ctrl on the AK in external mode and depening on what white or black keys i pressed it changed it chords and degrees.

On the other hand with channel set to 16 I do not hear any transpose going on , nor something played from the notes I pressed on the keyboard ?

Any advise or example ? need more info about my setup ?

br Thorsten
Hi there,

I've also got a MIO10 and can report that transpose does work with this MIDI router once things are set up properly.The first thing I''d check is that you're using the same pair of MIDI ports for the incoming and outgoing connections between the MIO10 and the NDLR (i.e. IN A & OUT A or IN B & OUT B). The MIDI thru in the NDLR only sends to certain ports, MIDI A IN is only sent to MIDI A OUT and USB 1 (MIDI B IN goes out to MIDI B OUT and USB 2). The first time I tried it I had my NDLR connected via IN B & OUT A and it took me a while to track down the reason.

If that's not the case then I'm guessing it's something to do with the routing setup for the individual MIO10 ports, which may be a little more tricky to diagnose.

Cheers,

Ian
Thanks for helping each other out!!!! THAT'S AWESOME...
There is a ton of details in the manual. Below is a bit from the manual that is relevant to the question.
Steve

MIDI Note & Message Thru Port Mapping 
In Port               Out Port(s)
5 Pin A         to   5 Pin A  &  USB Port(1)
5 Pin B         to   5 Pin B  &  USB Port(2)
USB Port(1)  to   5 Pin A  &  USB Port(1)
USB Port(2)  to   5 Pin B  &  USB Port(2)
USB Port(3)  to   USB Port(3)
USB Port(4)  to   USB Port(4)
I think I found out without even touching the hardware yet  why I do not get the transpose to work.

I use only MIDI A IN /OUT

Because I have all transpose listen to channel 16, it get pass thru then then on Midi A OUT channel 16 and none of my synths is actually listen on port 16.

pad      ch 14 for micronmonsta
drone  ch l 9  Elektron AK
m1      ch 11 Digitakt Tr1
m2      ch 12 Digitakt Tr 2

I could use a 5th synth listen on channel 16  or I neet to set it to the same channel for the synth I wand to address (pad/motif1&2/drone ).
I've just received my NDLR and as you I have a MIO10 but I try to figure if for you the NDRL is seen in USB Host port if plugged with USB cable ?
The NDLR is powered but the MIO Interface sees nothing (MIO firmware is supposed up to date). I've tried directly on computer and an IPAD and USB from NDRL works.
Other USB hardware is seen by the MIO.
(01-29-2019, 12:13 PM)Eldon Tyrell Wrote: I've just received my NDLR and as you I have a MIO10 but I try to figure if for you the NDRL is seen in USB Host port if plugged with USB cable ?
The NDLR is powered but the MIO Interface sees nothing (MIO firmware is supposed up to date). I've tried directly on computer and an IPAD and USB from NDRL works.
Other USB hardware is seen by the MIO.

I have the same problem trying to use the NDLR over USB MIDI with the MIO. I've also got an old iConnectMIDI4+, which also doesn't see the NDLR when plugged into ts USB host port. As the NDLR's USB connection works fine everywhere else I've tried it, it looks like there's some incompatibility between the iConnectivity devices are the NDLR.  

I meant to report this when I discovered it but I then got the NDLR working over DIN MIDI and was distracted by the fun I was having...  Smile
We also tried The NDLR on a iConnectMIDI4+ and had the same problem. We contacted iConnectivity support and exchanged some mails. We sent them a USB dump of the NDLR USB MIDI at their request. However, we haven't heard back from them and that was a few months ago. The USB driver in the iConnectivity is going to be limited to a certain set of class compliant devices. It is possible they have a problem with The NDLR's 4 virtual MIDI ports, or that there's also a serial port, so its a compound device.

Now that The NDLR is shipping in volume, maybe some customers reporting the issue to iConnectivity will motivate them to look into the issue further.
I've opened a ticket at Iconnectivity, hopes this will helps, I'll really like to use all my setup as I was planned. For the 4 virtual ports, in the Iconfig software there is a value for Maximum numbers of ports to use on multi-port USB devices, I've setup to 4 but no change.
(01-30-2019, 12:56 PM)Darryl Wrote: We also tried The NDLR on a iConnectMIDI4+ and had the same problem. We contacted iConnectivity support and exchanged some mails. We sent them a USB dump of the NDLR USB MIDI at their request. However, we haven't heard back from them and that was a few months ago. The USB driver in the iConnectivity is going to be limited to a certain set of class compliant devices. It is possible they have a problem with The NDLR's 4 virtual MIDI ports, or that there's also a serial port, so its a compound device.

Now that The NDLR is shipping in volume, maybe some customers reporting the issue to iConnectivity will motivate them to look into the issue further.
Have you heard anything from iConnectivity since this post? I have experienced the same issue when recently trying to integrate the NDLR into my setup. I have logged a query with iConnectivity, in case that helps.
(08-10-2020, 12:59 AM)Blue Gecko Wrote:
(01-30-2019, 12:56 PM)Darryl Wrote: We also tried The NDLR on a iConnectMIDI4+ and had the same problem. We contacted iConnectivity support and exchanged some mails. We sent them a USB dump of the NDLR USB MIDI at their request. However, we haven't heard back from them and that was a few months ago. The USB driver in the iConnectivity is going to be limited to a certain set of class compliant devices. It is possible they have a problem with The NDLR's 4 virtual MIDI ports, or that there's also a serial port, so its a compound device.

Have you heard anything from iConnectivity since this post? I have experienced the same issue when recently trying to integrate the NDLR into my setup. I have logged a query with iConnectivity, in case that helps.
As far as I know we haven't heard any news on this front, but good work logging a support request, hopefully something will come of it.
Jesse