Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squarp Instruments Hermod works over USB
Hi Darryl... Ok, I just did some more testing with a Faderfox EC4, M-audio Key Station 61mk3 and the Squarp Pyramid, and can report the following (spoiler alert: #5 is where it's at):

1) All devices plugged in to MRCC usb host ports - but with the Pyramid physical power switch off > Boot MRCC >EC4 and KS3 show green led on MRCC, and send midi messages as per the MRCC routing screen > when Pyramid is switched on it shows a green led on MRCC, but no midi activity can be seen in the routing page.

2) All devices plugged in to MRCC usb host ports - but with the Pyramid physical power switch on > Boot MRCC > EC4 and KS3 do not show green led on MRCC (but take power and boot successfully) - however no midi activity is noted for either device in the routing screen on MRCC > Pyramid boots instantly and shows green led on MRCC, but no midi activity is noted in the routing screen on MRCC.

3) EC4 and KS3 plugged in to MRCC usb host ports (Pyramid not plugged into host port) > Boot MRCC > EC4 and KS3 show green led on MRCC, and send midi messages as per the MRCC routing screen > Pyramid (switched off) plugged in to usb host port > Switch on Pyramid - green led shows, but no midi activity in MRCC routing screen.

4) No devices plugged in to usb host ports on MRCC > Boot MRCC > Pyramid (switched on) plugged in to usb host port – green led shows – no midi activity is seen in the routing screen. * I get the same negative result in this scenario if Pyramid is plugged in whilst switched off – but then booted.

5) EC4 and KS3 plugged in to MRCC usb host ports (Pyramid not plugged into host port) > Boot MRCC > EC4 and KS3 show green led on MRCC, and send midi messages as per the MRCC routing screen > Pyramid (switched on) plugged in to usb host port > Switch on Pyramid - green led shows, MIDI ACTIVITY IS WORKING LIKE A CHARM!!!

So, whilst clearly not ideal, it seems I have a successful workaround. I appreciate there are many variables here, but hopefully the scenarios posted above will be of some use to the people with the technical chops. It would be really interesting to know what’s happening here – and obviously, ideally, for it to be resolved somehow without physically re-patching. Interesting that Pyramid is listed as compatible in your list too, which does give me some hope.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Squarp Instruments Hermod works over USB - by Spares - 07-27-2021, 01:27 AM