Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midi Config
Ok..  
Hello MIDI experts...   I'm fairly new to the MIDI world and just received my new NDLR.  I'm a bit overwhelmed with the MIDI/USB/CVs and am seeking some help with a proper midi/usb configuration..  My current goal is to be PC-less.   I would also like to control the Chord progressions in the NDLR from Push, all without any PC. But this is just a nice to have.  In any case, I’ve been unable to figure out a configuration.  The big confusion is I’m not sure if the IConnect Midi Outs can be routed to all the devices with only 1 IN from the NDLR etc.  Basically I’m seeking advice on the Route to and Route From in the chart below...  also attached a Word file for ease of editing....

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
Thanks

Module                          USB                  MIDI Ports              Other                 ROUTE TO:              ROUTE FROM:
NDLR                             1                      In/Out A In/Out B    None                   IConnect                  NONE
Roland Integra-7             1                      In/Out/Thru            None
Roland SW-02                 1                      In/Out                    Gate/CV/Trigger
Korg Minilogue XD           1                      In/Out                    Synch In/Out
Roland TR8-S                  1                      In/Out                    Trigger Out LR x3
IConnect Midi                  1                      In/Out x4                None
StarTech USB Hub         4 ports                None
Abelton Push                   1                      None                       None

Attached Files
.docx   NDLR Module Configuration.docx (Size: 13.39 KB / Downloads: 5)
I am not exactly sure what the general question is here - but i guess it is the base of MIDI connections.
MIDI flows through every device you bring into the circle - so if you use several devices you need to make sure you connect them In/Outs and Thru ports in some kind of „ring“ matter.
Then the separation is done on a channel basis.

As your list only includes 1 device with a thru i might think you need some kind of MIDI-Splitter to put 1 end in and get multiple outs for your devices that do not support Thru. Anyway some devices can configure their Out as a Thru port, but that should be written down in the respective manuals for that device.