Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: Midi Config
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok..  
Hello MIDI experts...   I'm fairly new to the MIDI world and just received my new NDLR.  I'm a bit overwhelmed with the MIDI/USB/CVs and am seeking some help with a proper midi/usb configuration..  My current goal is to be PC-less.   I would also like to control the Chord progressions in the NDLR from Push, all without any PC. But this is just a nice to have.  In any case, I’ve been unable to figure out a configuration.  The big confusion is I’m not sure if the IConnect Midi Outs can be routed to all the devices with only 1 IN from the NDLR etc.  Basically I’m seeking advice on the Route to and Route From in the chart below...  also attached a Word file for ease of editing....

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
Thanks

Module                          USB                  MIDI Ports              Other                 ROUTE TO:              ROUTE FROM:
NDLR                             1                      In/Out A In/Out B    None                   IConnect                  NONE
Roland Integra-7             1                      In/Out/Thru            None
Roland SW-02                 1                      In/Out                    Gate/CV/Trigger
Korg Minilogue XD           1                      In/Out                    Synch In/Out
Roland TR8-S                  1                      In/Out                    Trigger Out LR x3
IConnect Midi                  1                      In/Out x4                None
StarTech USB Hub         4 ports                None
Abelton Push                   1                      None                       None
I am not exactly sure what the general question is here - but i guess it is the base of MIDI connections.
MIDI flows through every device you bring into the circle - so if you use several devices you need to make sure you connect them In/Outs and Thru ports in some kind of „ring“ matter.
Then the separation is done on a channel basis.

As your list only includes 1 device with a thru i might think you need some kind of MIDI-Splitter to put 1 end in and get multiple outs for your devices that do not support Thru. Anyway some devices can configure their Out as a Thru port, but that should be written down in the respective manuals for that device.