Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parts turn off when playhead loops back to the start in Reaper
Hi,

I've got midi clock sending from Reaper on USB1, and each time I start a part playing, it turns off again when the transport playhead reaches the end of the loop region.

Does anyone have a solution for this?
According to this thread, Reaper does not have a way to configure for continuous clock.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/cockos-r...yback.html

BTW, The NDLR clock is continuous, to make it an alternative to Beatstep Pro or other clock sources without continuous clock. Its useful to other instruments being clocked, so they can continue to sync as NDLR parts are stopped and started. In my case, the DSI Evolver needs the external clock to keep a sequence running while NDLR parts are stopped.
That's true, but my problem is not that the clock isn't continuous, but that the parts turn themselves off after every loop. Is there no way around that?
(08-04-2019, 08:38 AM)Travesty Wrote: That's true, but my problem is not that the clock isn't continuous, but that the parts turn themselves off after every loop. Is there no way around that?

Do you have a way to monitor the MIDI messages that Reaper sends at the time The NDLR stops playing?  The MIDI real time msgs are likely the colprit. If The NDLR gets two “stop” msgs in a row it will stop AND “disarm” all the parts. 
Thanks,
Steve
(08-04-2019, 09:34 AM)Steve Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 08:38 AM)Travesty Wrote: That's true, but my problem is not that the clock isn't continuous, but that the parts turn themselves off after every loop. Is there no way around that?

Do you have a way to monitor the MIDI messages that Reaper sends at the time The NDLR stops playing?  

I think what Darryl is saying is that when The NDLR is set for external clock and no MIDI clock msgs are received, The NDLR will not play.  Same as the DSI Evolver example. 

Also if The NDLR gets two “stop” msgs in a row it will stop AND “disarm” all the parts. 
Thanks,
Steve
Ok, I don't know why, but I started from scratch and set it up again, and now it works fine when looping.

"If The NDLR gets two “stop” msgs in a row it will stop AND “disarm” all the parts. "

I think this is the reason, if it happens again I'll try and get a midi capture