Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torso T-1 over USB
The MRCC has been amazing!
Thanks guys.

Maybe I'm not getting something, or maybe it can't be done, so I'm hoping to get clarification either way.

I have all my hardware synths connected over standard Midi cables (so far so good)

I want to connect the Torso over USB so it can be powered and take care of notes and sequencing, this works great too.
The issue I'm having is that I also want Bitwig to follow the Midi clock of the Torso through the MRCC.

This is where I can't join the dots.

For the sake of argument let's assume I have all of my setting correct in the Torso and Bitwig, 
I just need to know the steps to on the MRCC to make everything talk.

If there's an obvious button combo that I've missed I'd love to hear some input.
Many thanks in advance  Big Grin
1. LEFT USB BUTTON + OUT 1 BUTTON to select source
2. RIGHT PC BUTTON + OUT X BUTTON to select virtual input

MRCC CLOCK OFF, T-1 CLOCK ON VIA USB
(08-03-2024, 08:01 AM)RadekPilich Wrote: 1. LEFT USB BUTTON -> OUT 1 BUTTON to select source
2. RIGHT PC BUTTON -> OUT X BUTTON to select virtual input

MRCC CLOCK OFF, T-1 CLOCK ON VIA USB

Awesome!
Will try today.
Thanks!
Don't know about Bitwig in particular, but evidently the majority of DAWs don't follow MIDI clock. I know mine doesn't, only MTC or SMPTE.
(08-03-2024, 08:08 PM)Dark Waves Wrote: Don't know about Bitwig in particular, but evidently the majority of DAWs don't follow MIDI clock.  I know mine doesn't, only MTC or SMPTE.
Bitwig does have Midi Clock Sync thankfully, and it works fine when I connect directly.

For some reason there's a blockage going through the USB inputs on the MRCC.
Really is stumping me =/
(08-03-2024, 09:59 PM)Stereo Jones Wrote: For some reason there's a blockage going through the USB inputs on the MRCC.
Really is stumping me =/

The USB MIDI has some weird issues sometimes. When it doesn't work properly, try restarting the MRCC, it often starts working afterwards.
Thanks for all the help.
Bitwig is following the Torso nicely and I've managed to route the USB inputs to all the places they need to go.

I understand that the MRCC is designed as a stand alone unit, but a software controller for it would be nice ;-)

One last factor that I think may have played a role in my issue, was the USB bandwidth and/or power.
Not from the MRCC but from the USB hub I use directly to my computer.

Any way, thanks for all the help and feedback.