Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't reset pattern edit position on new step
Hi,

I'm sequencing the steps of the NDLR and want to edit a melody pattern live - but I don't have enough time to get to the step and edit the step until the next sequenced step change resets the edit position in the pattern. Perhaps the edit position could remain while changing steps?

Cheers!
Unless I misunderstand your request, I believe it already does this. In the Pattern editor, the current step to edit is shown as the highlighted yellow bar. While the dot under the pattern moves as the part plays. The highlighted bar doesn't move until you change it with the knob, even when the motif part is playing.
(07-23-2019, 02:09 AM)Darryl Wrote: Unless I misunderstand your request, I believe it already does this. In the Pattern editor, the current step to edit is shown as the highlighted yellow bar. While the dot under the pattern moves as the part plays. The highlighted bar doesn't move until you change it with the knob, even when the motif part is playing.

This is interesting - for me, it's always resetting the highlighted editing position to position 0 on externally sequenced functional scale-step changes from channel 15 while I'm editing a motif. Perhaps the digitakt sends extraneous midi signals which somehow reset the editing position... Are there midi signals which might cause this behavior?
Ah, we'll have to try it with an external sequencer, maybe it behaves differently in that case.