Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to pass 'trigger notes' from controller to DAW?
*The Goal: Trigger Pad+Drone whilst simultaneously sending the trigger notes to a DAW for recording

Current Inputs: Notes (Ch15) > inputs A and B

Current Outputs: B (ch1-7) > iConnect DIN > Bitwig and iOS

Desired Setup: Output A or B (ch1-7 + 15) > iConnect DIN > Bitwig and iOS

*DIN is the only option, to route to both DAW and iOS cause iConnect host port issue

Thanks
So you want the MIDI note data sent to MIDI out B as well as A, or just A OR B, but not both? If both is OK you can send it to ch1-7 ALL, but this will send on the 4 USB ports as well, so just be aware of that.
If I'm not understanding this correctly we may need a deeper explanation of what's being connected downstream and where clock is coming from and going to, etc.
Jesse
(02-25-2022, 12:10 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: So you want the MIDI note data sent to MIDI out B as well as A, or just A OR B, but not both? If both is OK you can send it to ch1-7 ALL, but this will send on the 4 USB ports as well, so just be aware of that.
If I'm not understanding this correctly we may need a deeper explanation of what's being connected downstream and where clock is coming from and going to, etc.
Jesse

USB will be used only for power 

The goal is to have ch1-7 and ch15 (from controller) to exit on either MIDI A or MIDI B (I'm only using one of them)

I'm sending ch15 to both MIDI A and MIDI B, in the hope one of the MIDI ports will pass it

Thanks
(02-25-2022, 08:42 PM)MKS30 Wrote:
(02-25-2022, 12:10 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: So you want the MIDI note data sent to MIDI out B as well as A, or just A OR B, but not both? If both is OK you can send it to ch1-7 ALL, but this will send on the 4 USB ports as well, so just be aware of that.
Jesse

USB will be used only for power 

The goal is to have ch1-7 and ch15 (from controller) to exit on either MIDI A or MIDI B (I'm only using one of them)

I'm sending ch15 to both MIDI A and MIDI B, in the hope one of the MIDI ports will pass it

Thanks

Look in your Menu options to make sure the NDLR Control channel (Menu page 1, upper right option) is *not* set to channel 15, otherwise notes coming in on 15 will not get passed through.
So basically you just want midi thru (everything sent by controller to NDLR in, needs to leave NDLR out as well?)
I guess the real question is
Do you just want to capture what you play on the controller? (Then why don’t do this directy?)
Or do you want the capture the arpeggios and harmony result as created by the NDLR?
Your question is not clear.