Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect two MRCCs and a Remote 7
(08-03-2021, 07:08 PM)Darryl Wrote: We used an RJ45 splitter with the mandatory shielded connectors we found in a 2 pack on Amazon.com or Banggood.com, that looks like this:

It has to have all the pins connected straight through.

I've found a bunch of similar connectors, and this one looks like the one in your image: Amazon.com: RJ45 Splitter Connectors Adapter 1 to 2 Ethernet Splitter Coupler Double Socket HUB Interface Contact Modular Plug Connect Network LAN Internet Cat5 Cat6 Cable 2 Pack (CAN'T RUN BOTH AT THE SAME TIME): Computers & Accessories

Many of the ones having a similar description to this Amazon link include an image showing that NOT all pins are connected, just 4 on each of the 2-sided ends.  For example, this one: Amazon.com: RJ45 Splitter Adapter, Ethernet Splitter 1 to 2 Extender Connecter Female to 2 Female 8P8C Network Splitter for Cat5 Cat5e Cat6 Cat6e Cat7 Cable.: Industrial & Scientific shows in the second image that pins 4 and 5 are not connected on either port of the double port side. [Image: 71juBdGxIoL._SL1500_.jpg]

Most of the ones I found include a statement along the lines of: only one of the two connections will work at a time.  Given your statement about all the pins being connected straight through, and assuming that these examples don't qualify (or do they?) I wonder if you could point to the links of one that is viable, since my searches aren't identifying the expected results.  Thanks!!!
(08-05-2021, 04:19 PM)Dark Waves Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 07:08 PM)Darryl Wrote: We used an RJ45 splitter with the mandatory shielded connectors we found in a 2 pack on Amazon.com or Banggood.com, that looks like this:

It has to have all the pins connected straight through.

I've found a bunch of similar connectors, and this one looks like the one in your image: Amazon.com: RJ45 Splitter Connectors Adapter 1 to 2 Ethernet Splitter Coupler Double Socket HUB Interface Contact Modular Plug Connect Network LAN Internet Cat5 Cat6 Cable 2 Pack (CAN'T RUN BOTH AT THE SAME TIME): Computers & Accessories

Many of the ones having a similar description to this Amazon link include an image showing that NOT all pins are connected, just 4 on each of the 2-sided ends.  For example, this one: Amazon.com: RJ45 Splitter Adapter, Ethernet Splitter 1 to 2 Extender Connecter Female to 2 Female 8P8C Network Splitter for Cat5 Cat5e Cat6 Cat6e Cat7 Cable.: Industrial & Scientific shows in the second image that pins 4 and 5 are not connected on either port of the double port side. [Image: 71juBdGxIoL._SL1500_.jpg]

Most of the ones I found include a statement along the lines of: only one of the two connections will work at a time.  Given your statement about all the pins being connected straight through, and assuming that these examples don't qualify (or do they?) I wonder if you could point to the links of one that is viable, since my searches aren't identifying the expected results.  Thanks!!!

These won't work since they aren't straight thru. 
The statement about 'only one of the two connections will work at a time' is a good sign that its straight thru and not like the one pictured above which combines two Ethernet connections into one cable, then splits them back out on the other side. 
It would be great if everyone selling these would show the wiring diagram. Its really hard to tell what we're getting when the seller is just copying the text from another seller, and they probably don't even know what they are selling!
We'll need to order some more of these so we can recommend some that work.
Whenever you are able to identify a specific splitter that meets the requirements, I'd welcome the info.  I see on the MRCC product page some future expansion accessories; that's pretty exciting.  Any idea on the time frame for availability on those?
I think those cables are also specified as POE (Power Over Ethernet) cables. They are commonly used with Corportate VOIP phone systems
The Puppeteer
Godlike Productions
Looking around my setup and doing some MIDI cable reconfiguring, I have to ask --

will it ever be possible to have 2 MRCCs connected together *and* have a Remote7 connected in "Remote" mode (versus Copy mode) or is that simply a physical/electrical limitation?

Basically I'm trying to decide at the moment whether it's more important to be able to route between MRCCs or to have an additional 5 (or maybe eventually 10) MIDI output ports (since both MRCCs are now hooked to the computer)
(12-06-2021, 03:45 AM)oldgearguy Wrote: Looking around my setup and doing some MIDI cable reconfiguring, I have to ask --

will it ever be possible to have 2 MRCCs connected together *and* have a Remote7 connected in "Remote" mode (versus Copy mode) or is that simply a physical/electrical limitation?

Basically I'm trying to decide at the moment whether it's more important to be able to route between MRCCs or to have an additional 5 (or maybe eventually 10) MIDI output ports (since both MRCCs are now hooked to the computer)

Currently not planning to enable independent remote routing on more than one remote device. Its not a physical limitation, but it would make the user interface complicated so we decided to keep it simple. And since we only anticipated having one remote device, it would be a pretty large programming task to change it due to the way the routing matrix and configuration database is constructed.
(12-07-2021, 01:17 PM)Darryl Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 03:45 AM)oldgearguy Wrote: Looking around my setup and doing some MIDI cable reconfiguring, I have to ask --

Currently not planning to enable independent remote routing on more than one remote device. Its not a physical limitation, but it would make the user interface complicated so we decided to keep it simple. And since we only anticipated having one remote device, it would be a pretty large programming task to change it due to the way the routing matrix and configuration database is constructed.

ok.  Knowing the roadmap like that helps me plan/design how I want to do things in my setup.
(08-26-2021, 12:24 PM)Darryl Wrote: We'll need to order some more of these so we can recommend some that work.

Any links to verified 'good' units? Anyone? The ones that I got are the bad ones.
(04-08-2023, 02:10 PM)Kent Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 12:24 PM)Darryl Wrote: We'll need to order some more of these so we can recommend some that work.

Any links to verified 'good' units? Anyone? The ones that I got are the bad ones.

Hey Kent, send a message to support using our contact page at conductivelabs.com and mention this topic. We'll hook you up with a splitter for the cost of shipping.
(04-08-2023, 04:05 PM)Darryl Wrote:
(04-08-2023, 02:10 PM)Kent Wrote:

Hey Kent, send a message to support using our contact page at conductivelabs.com and mention this topic. We'll hook you up with a splitter for the cost of shipping.
Thanks, Darryl and team!