Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Octave up/down on outputs and/or layers ?
Hi,
It seems to me it would be really useful to have a way to transpose octaves up or down on each of the outputs.
That is also the case for the layer and splits - I haven't seen anything yet on this.
Please consider adding it!
(05-31-2021, 07:34 PM)receng Wrote: Hi,
It seems to me it would be really useful to have a way to transpose octaves up or down on each of the outputs.
That is also the case for the layer and splits - I haven't seen anything yet on this.

There is a transpose mod that allows users to transpose routed signals up and down up to 1 octave. 
Jesse
(05-31-2021, 08:52 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 07:34 PM)receng Wrote: Hi,

There is a transpose mod that allows users to transpose routed signals up and down up to 1 octave. 
Jesse

Hi Jesse,
Thanks for the clarification - how does it work? can each layer have a different mod(s) applied to it?
I am impressed by how much can be done with the MRCC!
So the transpose has 2 variables, the input channel and the number of semitones up or down. Each routing can have 6 Mods applied to it and the MODs all work in series, so depending how you chain them up you can do different things. There is a great channel splitting MOD, called Channel Layers and if I wanted to split MIDI input from channel 1 to two different output channels I would configure two of the Channel Layers mod lanes to take input from channel 1 and output to whatever two channels works best for me, lets say 1 and 2 (low keys and high keys) then if both of the outputs are on the same output port, I would route the input to that output port and apply two Channel Layer MODs (with the layers that I just set up selected) and now channel 1 is split to channel 1 and 2.
Now lets say I want to transpose the lower register up one octave and the upper register of the key split down an octave, no problem, I just configure 2 of the Transpose MOD settings to be on the selected channels as inputs, and set the parameters for channel 1 to +12 semitones and -12 for the channel 2. Now I can place these two MODs in the routing I have been working with, but making sure to place them after the Channel Layers MODs, and now the output of the Channel Layers MODs will be affected by the Transpose. If I put the Transpose MOD in before the Channel Layers MOD, the input to channel layers (which is on channel 1) would be transposed up 1 octave before being split.
I hope that answers more questions than it creates, but if you need more details I'm happy to elaborate. Just say the word!
Jesse