Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iOS editor
It would be super slick to have an ipad/iphone app for easier editing of patterns and rhythms and other settings. Drawing in patterns, pinching and dragging motif ranges, editing both motifs or other parts on the same screen... seems like it could open up a bunch of new ways to interact with the machine.
(12-04-2018, 11:21 AM)leave trace Wrote: It would be super slick to have an ipad/iphone app for easier editing of patterns and rhythms and other settings. Drawing in patterns, pinching and dragging motif ranges, editing both motifs or other parts on the same screen... seems like it could open up a bunch of new ways to interact with the machine.

We have a basic infrastructure for PC to NDLR I/O in place, but no current plan to use it. The biggest issue is The NDLR MCU just doesn't have much eeprom space for saving configuration data. We had planned to use free flash space but couldn't find a safe way to do it with the development environment we use. However, if in the future we implement a save/load capability for patches and patterns, maybe we could publish the interface spec for someone interested in utilizing it.
http://www.metasystem.io/ 

Creating a template for this iOS app would make sense @ US$15

Metagrid features hundreds of icons with dedicated sets for:

Illustrator
Photosho
Protools 
Final Cut 
Digital Performer
Logic Pro X
Cubase  
Studio One
(12-27-2018, 03:32 PM)Darryl Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 11:21 AM)leave trace Wrote: It would be super slick to have an ipad/iphone app for easier editing of patterns and rhythms and other settings. Drawing in patterns, pinching and dragging motif ranges, editing both motifs or other parts on the same screen... seems like it could open up a bunch of new ways to interact with the machine.

We have a basic infrastructure for PC to NDLR I/O in place, but no current plan to use it. The biggest issue is The NDLR MCU just doesn't have much eeprom space for saving configuration data. We had planned to use free flash space but couldn't find a safe way to do it with the development environment we use. However, if in the future we implement a save/load capability for patches and patterns, maybe we could publish the interface spec for someone interested in utilizing it.
But what about using NRPN MIDI in order to inject/edit patterns/steps? For me, is crucial to be able to edit patterns or rhythms. I can do myself a MAX/MSP interface to edit patterns if a proper MIDI support is in place. I believe that NRPN implementation can do that...
/9 TUPLE
There is no NRPN interface on the NDLR however there is a serial (over USB) interface that enables preset, pattern, rhythm, & chord seq'ing download/upload.
We would love folks to create a NDLR librarian / controller app.
Steve
(12-03-2019, 12:20 PM)Steve Wrote: There is no NRPN interface on the NDLR however there is a serial (over USB) interface that enables preset, pattern, rhythm, & chord seq'ing download/upload.
We would love folks to create a NDLR librarian / controller app.
Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm a seasoned iOS developer and have just ordered the NDLR. Would love to help out if you are looking to build something. Feel free to send me your thoughts.

Cheers,

D.