Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pad retrigger length?
Is there a way to control how often the pad notes are retriggered?

If not, what is the logic in how often they retriggered? I'm trying to figure it out and it's not an even set of bars. 19 1/4th notes?
When PAD is enabled with the Play button, it triggers, and will be quantized based on the quantize setting (Pad Qnt on System menu 3). Moving Pad Position or Range will trigger notes. Chords can be triggered when you press the chord buttons, or if you modulate chord degree from the mod matrix.

How are you triggering Pad notes in regards to your question?
Gah, my mistake, the synth preset I was using to test things out this morning has an envelope that retriggers after a certain amount of time, made it sound like each note was being retriggered. I tested on another simple preset and it sustains as you've described. My bad!
That's where we find happy accidents! What cool things you can find when not having too many constraints. That's a wonderful thing with synthesizers.
So to clarify, if we want to have an "irregular" sequence of pad chords playing, then we could use LFOs etc to modulate the pad position and and range, thus causing periodic retriggers quantised to the the quantise setting, is that right?

I had a really nice chord sequence playing at one point but subsequently it stopped playing and I had no idea why (didn't change the modulation settings). This was .9 firmware though so it may well have been fixed.
(03-01-2019, 05:11 AM)mobith Wrote: So to clarify, if we want to have an "irregular" sequence of pad chords playing, then we could use LFOs etc to modulate the pad position and and range, thus causing periodic retriggers quantised to the the quantise setting, is that right?

Im doing just that and it works/sounds great.  Now, if only LFO settings could also be mod destinations!
(03-08-2019, 01:28 AM)rens Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 05:11 AM)mobith Wrote: So to clarify, if we want to have an "irregular" sequence of pad chords playing, then we could use LFOs etc to modulate the pad position and and range, thus causing periodic retriggers quantised to the the quantise setting, is that right?

Im doing just that and it works/sounds great.  Now, if only LFO settings could also be mod destinations!

If LFO settings could be mod destinations I'd quit working at Conductive Labs! ;-)
Steve

If LFO settings could be mod destinations I'd quit working at Conductive Labs! ;-)
Steve
(03-08-2019, 04:00 PM)Steve Wrote:

Steve

Any hope of having the actual pattern values be mod destinations?
OMG... then Darryl would quit too!   :-)

Actually a great idea, esp to create pseudo-random sequences where only certain notes change.
Captured it on the list of future ideas!

Steve