Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More option in Drone chord mode
Lightbulb 
Hi !

Sorry if it as already been submited before.

My situation :
I always end up using the PAD section to drive my duophonic Cat Synth for two notes chords.
So I end up using a motif as PAD (fast arp in a full wet reverb)

My Idea :
I think that Chord Mode in drone is a cool feature but not as cool as it could be.
For me, most of the time, I just wish to be able to use Root and 3rd. But for more droning / ambiant stuff, being able to assign each of the three notes to a Root, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th or Oct will be a deal breaker !

My suggestion :
On the 4th press of Drone (the triangle in Play Mode) the Rotary change the second note (actually the 5th) or the 3rd note (actually the Oct) if the shift Button is in use.

Is something like possible and easy to do ?

Sorry for my English by the way !
(02-17-2021, 04:51 AM)jagstang Wrote: Hi !

Sorry if it as already been submited before.

My situation :
I always end up using the PAD section to drive my duophonic Cat Synth for two notes chords.
So I end up using a motif as PAD (fast arp in a full wet reverb)

My Idea :
I think that Chord Mode in drone is a cool feature but not as cool as it could be.
For me, most of the time, I just wish to be able to use Root and 3rd. But for more droning / ambiant stuff, being able to assign each of the three notes to a Root, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th or Oct will be a deal breaker !

My suggestion :
On the 4th press of Drone (the triangle in Play Mode) the Rotary change the second note (actually the 5th) or the 3rd note (actually the Oct) if the shift Button is in use.

Is something like possible and easy to do ?

Sorry for my English by the way !

Hi Jagstang, 
At this point any change that would be that wide sweeping is likely to take waaaaay too much work to make it feasible. We would have to redesign the way that the drone part works from the ground up, so possible? maybe, likely to happen? Not likely. Have you thought about sending the pad part to multiple devices? You could send it to that Cat, as well as a synth with more polyphony?
You could set the Pad to channel 4 All for instance and have the cat on DIN A and whatever pad synth you like on DIN B.
Jesse
Hi Jesse !

I forgot to thanks you for your answer Wink

I just came back to say that since you tell me to try polychaining, I use it mostly that way for now.
In fact I'm waiting for a blokas Midihub to achieve what I want with my Cat.
But I recieved my Micromonsta 2 and using it with Pad Polychaining is amazing !