Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naming INs/OUTs
I've just discovered the MRCC project and am quite excited. Been looking for a non-computer-based MIDI router to control many hardware synths (5-pin DIN) for quite a while now.

Basic question: Can the INs and OUTs be given meaningful names on the MRCC? I've watched a few videos and read through a some threads, but I haven't been able to determine if user naming has been implemented.

Also, I'm a big fan of expandability options. The remote is nice, but as I understand it, you're not adding any outputs, just duplicating them. MIDI RTP would be amazing.

Thanks!
(06-07-2020, 12:44 PM)jasonherb Wrote: I've just discovered the MRCC project and am quite excited. Been looking for a non-computer-based MIDI router to control many hardware synths (5-pin DIN) for quite a while now.

Basic question: Can the INs and OUTs be given meaningful names on the MRCC? I've watched a few videos and read through a some threads, but I haven't been able to determine if user naming has been implemented.

Also, I'm a big fan of expandability options. The remote is nice, but as I understand it, you're not adding any outputs, just duplicating them. MIDI RTP would be amazing.

Thanks!
Hey Jason, I discussed this with the Steve and Darryl and while the priority right now is on completing the project, there are plans to include expandability for inputs as well as outputs. Additionally the plan is to be able to connect two MRCCs together for ultra expandability.

Naming ports is something we're working on but will likely be an update feature rather than initial release.

So far RTP isn't on the roadmap.

Jesse
(06-11-2020, 08:27 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(06-07-2020, 12:44 PM)jasonherb Wrote: I've just discovered the MRCC project and am quite excited. Been looking for a non-computer-based MIDI router to control many hardware synths (5-pin DIN) for quite a while now.

Thanks!
Hey Jason, I discussed this with the Steve and Darryl and while the priority right now is on completing the project, there are plans to include expandability for inputs as well as outputs. Additionally the plan is to be able to connect two MRCCs together for ultra expandability.

Naming ports is something we're working on but will likely be an update feature rather than initial release.

So far RTP isn't on the roadmap.

Jesse

Excellent. Connecting two MRCCs together sounds perfect for me. I was thinking on using one for the "left" and "right" sides of my studio; communication between the two would be fantastic.

Really anxious to see that naming functionality implemented. SOON PLEASE! Smile

Thanks for all the great info. Looking forward to the release.

Jason
Excited for this too, worst case, find that lost roll of label maker tape...
I also want to be able to rename inputs and outputs. This makes a router much more useful. Users would otherwise need a spreadsheet or diagram permanently attached to the router.

Thanks!
Yes I believe Steve mentioned that you can name tracks. I'm drawing a blank what the naming interface is, but also I know it will read the name of the devices you plug into it and saves them so you can pick from the pool of devices that have been connected. 
Pretty sweet.