Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Edit in Motif Screen
My Setup is:
Sequencer (Deluge) OUT in MIDI B, NDLR CNTL 15, NDLR TRANS 16
MOTIF 1 on OUT B 6, MOTIF 2 on OUT B 7

CLK by Deluge

Now this happens:
I have track 15 on the Deluge to control chord changes on the NDLR...this works fine!
If I go into a MOTIF Pattern Editor it receives the step changes by the Deluge (while it is playing)
and generates automatically values on each step.
And because there is a little delay on send and receive it is a totally random result.

If I leave the Editor the chord changes from Track 15 work in the last "random-programmed" Pattern.

In the Pattern Editor it receives a step forward on every beat and generates values.

Only solution at this time: Turn Knob 4 (bottom left) all to the left to get into PATT Note Type edit (Chord/Scale/Chromatic) where no values will be written to the existing pattern.

Could you make this Default (to be in PATT Note Type edit (Chord/Scale/Chromatic)
when I enter the Pattern Editor?
(04-20-2020, 08:43 AM)racecube Wrote: My Setup is:

CLK by Deluge

Now this happens:
I have track 15 on the Deluge to control chord changes on the NDLR...this works fine!
If I go into a MOTIF Pattern Editor it receives the step changes by the Deluge (while it is playing)
And because there is a little delay on send and receive it is a totally random result.

If I leave the Editor the chord changes from Track 15 work in the last "random-programmed" Pattern.

In the Pattern Editor it receives a step forward on every beat and generates values.

Only solution at this time: Turn Knob 4 (bottom left) all to the left to get into PATT Note Type edit (Chord/Scale/Chromatic) where no values will be written to the existing pattern.

Could you make this Default (to be in PATT Note Type edit (Chord/Scale/Chromatic)
when I enter the Pattern Editor?

Hi racecube,
I'd be glad to see if we can sort out what's going on for you, but first I don't quite understand the issue. Would you mind clarifying a little for me?
Quote:My Setup is:

CLK by Deluge
I understand this part.
Quote:Now this happens:
I'm not quite sure I'm following this. What is the intended behavior vs unexpected behavior here? What was the goal of the initial attempt in other words?
Once I wrap my head around that we can take a look at the rest.
Jesse

I don´t want anything from this, I want to be able to edit may motif pattern manually as I like not like my sequencer likes by generating step jumps and unpredictable values
(04-23-2020, 10:49 PM)racecube Wrote: If I go into a MOTIF Pattern Editor it receives the step changes by the Deluge (while it is playing)

I don´t want anything from this, I want to be able to edit may motif pattern manually as I like not like my sequencer likes by generating step jumps and unpredictable values
Ah, I see. So if you enter the pattern editor while deluge sends chord changes on the control channel, the pattern values are being updated essentially randomizing your patterns. I'll make a bug sighting and see if I can get this reproduced. The funny thing is I think someone has asked for this as a feature request at some point, and if it wasn't preventing you from doing the editing you want with the pattern, it sounds like it would be an interesting thing to explore.

I'll get on testing this and get back to you.
(If I still don't have the issue correct please feel free to clarify further.)

Jesse
Hi Jesse,

thx for your time and effort to sort this problem out.

Yes, a random function could be usefull, not only for the motifs but for the rythms as well.

I have figured out that in my case the problem is that I´ve got to harmonize the NDLR Motif length with the beat/bar structure of the sequencer.
If these parameters are "out of sync" NDLR will count it steps in its own structure and edit the Chords in that way.

A very simple example:

Sequencer   1    2    3    4
NDLR          1    2    3   

in this most simple example the NDLR shifts the chord edit every full beat.
If you put a I on 1 and 2 and 4 and a IV on 3 it will make the IV move on every cycle of the sequencer.
(interesting results in combination with probability of the sequencer :-)

So Jesse: I´ve got the problem solved, it is not chaotic what NDLR does it´s mathematic!
Again: Great Machine, can´t wait what you will bring out on next firmware, thumbs up!