Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assigning LFOs to other LFOs in the mod matrix
On my Peak's mod matrix I can assign an LFO to control something, then I can assign another LFO to control that LFO. Then I can assign another LFO to control the second LFO, and so on. 

When you set one or two of these to random the result can be very interesting. The machine starts to take over based on the programming, and can keep going forever.

I would love for my NDLR to have this next level of programming or "intelligence", so I can truly let it go and see where that takes things.
Hey Smoky, I like how you think! I've added this to the feature requests.
I want to second this feature request! I have not yet received my NDLR but I am hoping to take it into generative territory
where you (speculating) can modulate LFOs as they modulate selection of chords, pattern length, etc.

Not sure how to go about it until I receive it but I'm hoping there is a way to push play and have random/S&H LFO's choose chords and notes etc.

I didn't see anything about generative setups in the forum and thought I would start here. Smile

Code
(04-10-2020, 04:58 PM)handmedown182 Wrote: I want to second this feature request! I have not yet received my NDLR but I am hoping to take it into generative territory
where you (speculating) can modulate LFOs as they modulate selection of chords, pattern length, etc.

Not sure how to go about it until I receive it but I'm hoping there is a way to push play and have random/S&H LFO's choose chords and notes etc.

I didn't see anything about generative setups in the forum and thought I would start here. Smile

Code

Hey Code, this is definitely something I'm hoping we can implement as well, and it's for sure in the request list. In the mean time some great options for generative possibilities exist. One thing that can be really interesting is setting up lfo3 to be a pattern  (i have had good results with setting the beats to even numbers, usually 2 or 4) and then using that to modulate motif parameters like position, pattern, length, rhythm and clock division, and especially chord degree. If you get that started and then switch to the pattern editor ([SHIFT + MENU] then press encoder 5 [pattern editor]) you can edit the control pattern to get algorithmic control over the output.

Here's a video that was published yesterday that goes into generative stuff on the NDLR as well. hopefully between the two, you will find something that will steer you in the right direction!

Here's a link to a video I made quickly showing the results of the technique I described. Please excuse the audio quality...and camera operation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw_m9LrRAHc
(04-11-2020, 05:01 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 04:58 PM)handmedown182 Wrote: I want to second this feature request! I have not yet received my NDLR but I am hoping to take it into generative territory

Code

Hey Code, this is definitely something I'm hoping we can implement as well, and it's for sure in the request list. In the mean time some great options for generative possibilities exist. One thing that can be really interesting is setting up lfo3 to be a pattern  (i have had good results with setting the beats to even numbers, usually 2 or 4) and then using that to modulate motif parameters like position, pattern, length, rhythm and clock division, and especially chord degree. If you get that started and then switch to the pattern editor ([SHIFT + MENU] then press encoder 5 [pattern editor]) you can edit the control pattern to get algorithmic control over the output.

Here's a video that was published yesterday that goes into generative stuff on the NDLR as well. hopefully between the two, you will find something that will steer you in the right direction!

Here's a link to a video I made quickly showing the results of the technique I described. Please excuse the audio quality...and camera operation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw_m9LrRAHc

Awesome!! That sounds like a great start, Thanks!

Code