Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDLR Control setting
Video 
Greetings,

Is there a way to select a subset range of keys that will change NDLR note instead of all keys, (e.g. c2-c3)?  That way I can use left hand to play along and change NDLR note, while using other hand to play something totallly different that does not influence NDLR note change.

Cheers
(03-12-2020, 11:19 PM)endreola Wrote: Greetings,

Is there a way to select a subset range of keys that will change NDLR note instead of all keys, (e.g. c2-c3)?  That way I can use left hand to play along and change NDLR note, while using other hand to play something totallly different that does not influence NDLR note change.

Cheers
Hi endreola, what a good question! If you have a midi controller that supports keyboard splitting, you could set up one octave to do the control channel (default 15) and the other could be setup as whatever else you need, be it the transpose input, or controlling a different synth. 

Good luck!
Jesse
(03-13-2020, 06:04 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:

Cheers
Hi endreola, what a good question! If you have a midi controller that supports keyboard splitting, you could set up one octave to do the control channel (default 15) and the other could be setup as whatever else you need, be it the transpose input, or controlling a different synth. 

Good luck!
Jesse

Hi Jesse,

Yea, that was my first thought.  The synth is multi-timbral and supports splitting.  But here's the challenge.  When the board is split, the 4 different voices are also split creating a completely different sound.  

If the NDLR offered the ability for user to define a CC range (e.g. 21-48) then that would work and I wouldn't have to compromise the patch.

Cheers
(03-13-2020, 08:10 AM)endreola Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 06:04 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:

Cheers

Good luck!
Jesse

Hi Jesse,

Yea, that was my first thought.  The synth is multi-timbral and supports splitting.  But here's the challenge.  When the board is split, the 4 different voices are also split creating a completely different sound.  

If the NDLR offered the ability for user to define a CC range (e.g. 21-48) then that would work and I wouldn't have to compromise the patch.

Cheers
Oh boy, you're in luck. You can totally use CC to control NDLR settings, look on page 47 of the MANUAL for MIDI CC setting tables. That will give you the details for which CC does what (for instance CC26 and CC27 control Chord Degree and Chord Type). 
Have fun and let me know how it goes. 
Jesse
(03-13-2020, 07:02 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Oh boy, you're in luck. You can totally use CC to control NDLR settings, look on page 47 of the MANUAL for MIDI CC setting tables. That will give you the details for which CC does what (for instance CC26 and CC27 control Chord Degree and Chord Type). 

That's an old version (1.1) of the manual.  This is the latest (1.7). p56 in this version.

Lenny.
(03-15-2020, 07:59 AM)Lenny Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 07:02 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Oh boy, you're in luck. You can totally use CC to control NDLR settings, look on page 47 of the MANUAL for MIDI CC setting tables. That will give you the details for which CC does what (for instance CC26 and CC27 control Chord Degree and Chord Type). 

That's an old version (1.1) of the manual.  This is the latest (1.7).  p56 in this version.

Lenny.

Yup, saw that and upgraded the box to the latest rev.  Thanks for the heads up.

So in order to achieve what I want will have to purchase more gear Sad (e.g. MIDI foot pedal), unless you plan to make a few FW changes to accommodate it, then I’ll wait. There may be another approach via assigning mio10 filters but am not sure if that’s possible and will need to do additional research.

Cheers
(03-15-2020, 08:40 AM)endreola Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 07:59 AM)Lenny Wrote:

That's an old version (1.1) of the manual.  This is the latest (1.7).  p56 in this version.

Lenny.

Yup, saw that and upgraded the box to the latest rev.  Thanks for the heads up.

So in order to achieve what I want will have to purchase more gear Sad (e.g. MIDI foot pedal), unless you plan to make a few FW changes to accommodate it, then I’ll wait. There may be another approach via assigning mio10 filters but am not sure if that’s possible and will need to do additional research.

Cheers
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure whether or not you'll need more gear, but the CCs are likely to stay the way they are for the time being. To clarify you are wanting to change the chord degree via MIDI without needing to have a second keyboard dedicated to the control channel? As it is now the only ways I can see that happening are doing the MIDI channel split on the keyboard, or using MIDI CCs, along with the limitations that come along with both solutions. If you help me to get a better picture of how the CC solution working that you are wanting I can put it in the feature request log.  
Take care,
Jesse
Hi Jesse,

The solution that I believe will work would entail limiting the number of MIDI note On messages that can change chord, for example any note within C1-C3 range. For this particular use case, when a key is played that falls within that range it’ll trigger the NDLR to change its chord to match. And conversely, the NDLR won’t change Chord if a key is played out of range scope.

Since each encoder is assigned to its respected display zone, I can envision pressing it to toggle between MIDI Channel, Start Note & End Note, conforming to the existing workflow.

Hope that helps and thanks again for your guidance.

Cheers
So I understand what you are interested in with regards to a one or two octave range for the control channel, but you totally lost me on the second part with the encoders and display zones. Do you mean when editing the menu for Midi control channel, you could press the encoder to toggle what it's editing, so like press it once, your editing the channel, press again and now its the start note, again and it's editing the end note?
I forsee an issue which is that we're about out of the memory to save states, so it's getting hard to add more variables that need to be saved between power, so it might be hard to make those variable. It would be possible to set it to a smaller range most likely, but it seems like it might also cause people to think it wasn't working when they're trying to send a note that was out of range. it's a bit of a double edged sword. It's possible that it could be a global setting and just have 2 options: 1 (or 2) octaves, and full range. Let me know if I understand this correctly and I'll add it to the requests log.
Jesse.
Hi Jesse,

Yes, It appears you captured it correctly. The comment on the encoders and menu zones, etc., was merely my thought on how it could be implemented from a workflow perspective. Sorry for throwing you that curve ball.

I appreciate your help!

Cheers