Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too tight midi connectors issue
Bug 
Hi,

My NDLR unity has the midi connectors pretty tight. I got by second time a midi cable broken because of this (see picture attached). First time I thought could be an issue in the connector, but a second time it's quite unlikely, considering it's the only device in my studio that had this issue in years.

Anyone else? anything I can do to solve it?

thanks,
Javier

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I think the input can not be made more loose. Maybe it can but i dont know how. What I would do in this situation get a short male female midi cable and just leave it in and never get it out.
(02-14-2020, 08:57 AM)jrayon Wrote: Hi,

My NDLR unity has the midi connectors pretty tight. I got by second time a midi cable broken because of this (see picture attached). First time I thought could be an issue in the connector, but a second time it's quite unlikely, considering it's the only device in my studio that had this issue in years.

Anyone else? anything I can do to solve it?

thanks,
Javier
Hey Javier. Sorry to see this happening, that's got to be annoying. I haven't seen this one before, but there's a first time for everything. Why don't you get in touch via the Contact Us/Support page on the main site and we can figure out how best to solve this via Email.
https://conductivelabs.com/contact-us/
Thanks
Jesse Johannesen
Thanks, sure I'll do.
Hi from Berlin. I have the same problem. All 4 MIDI-ports are so tight, that it is possible only to stick the plug in for about 2 mm. That does not feel right. Pushing farther in I do not like because I am afraid the MIDI-sockets might break on the soldering spots on the inside.
The used cables plug easy into all my other devices, so it is a problem with the NDLR-connectors.

My device is new with fw 1.1.073.

My solution: I opened the case. Now it was possible to force a plug full in with supporting the sockets with my fingers, so it would not break the soldering spots on the board. After doing so for 3 times on every socket, the connection is now in a way as expected.

The problem seems to be too tight socket-springs (or maybe misaligned) for the 5 pins of each connector. Maybe a quality problem of the used parts?

Otherwise I really enjoy the NDLR very much.
Take care all.