Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only 4 synths on the NDLR
Hi,

The NDLR is a great device, but I only can manage 4 synths on this great arpeggio sequencer.
How do I sync more synths with the NDLR.
Thanks for the answers.
Regards,
Ronald
True, the NDLR is just a four part arpeggiator. But you can invoke some creativity to utilize more than four synths.

1. Layer synths on each part. Gives a fuller and more complex sound, and can use up a boatload of machines.
2. Use Poly Chaining on the pad to send data to more synths. This can take single synth count up to seven.
3. Have up to two external keyboards go through NDLR to be transposed on the fly to the currently selected key and mode.
4. Sync a drum machine to Start/Stop to add a rhythm section.
5. Sync another sequencer to Start/Stop to add control of 16 more synths.

There are more tricks you can do, limited only by your imagination.
(02-09-2020, 05:38 AM)House de Kris Wrote: True, the NDLR is just a four part arpeggiator. But you can invoke some creativity to utilize more than four synths.

1. Layer synths on each part. Gives a fuller and more complex sound, and can use up a boatload of machines.
2. Use Poly Chaining on the pad to send data to more synths. This can take single synth count up to seven.
3. Have up to two external keyboards go through NDLR to be transposed on the fly to the currently selected key and mode.
4. Sync a drum machine to Start/Stop to add a rhythm section.

There are more tricks you can do, limited only by your imagination.
(02-09-2020, 05:38 AM)House de Kris Wrote: 4. Sync a drum machine to Start/Stop to add a rhythm section.

I might have skipped this in the manual, could you mention quickly how this is done? Thank you!
(02-13-2020, 12:09 PM)190531085100 Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 05:38 AM)House de Kris Wrote: 4. Sync a drum machine to Start/Stop to add a rhythm section.

I might have skipped this in the manual, could you mention quickly how this is done? Thank you!
Here's a rundown on how you might set this up. 

1. enable midi clock out in the global menu by holding [shift+MENU] during power up, then press the motif 1 button change the value to enable (if it's not already set) then press panic/motif1/2 button at the top to exit and continue bootup

2. go to settings menu 1 and the bottom right corner option is for midi transport (start/stop). choose which outputs you want to send those out of here.

3. hook up a device via midi and make sure it's set to receive external clock and transport in via midi. 

4. When you hit play on one of the parts, the chained device should hear the play signal and will start at the same time, at the clock tempo the NDLR is sending. This could be something like an electribe, SQ1, Volca beats (jeez i must be some kind of Korg fanboy, but it should work for most stuff if it has an internal sequencer and midi in) etc. 

Quick Note: just be sure your device isn't also listening for midi notes on one of the channels you're sending parts out, unless that's what you're into.  
Cheers,
Jesse