Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sending Program Changes to external synth
Is it possible to send a Program Change message to one of the DIN MIDI ports?

I understand that I can set up 2 CC messages assigned to 2 encoders, and this works. I did not find anything about Program Changes though. Wondering if it is technically possible.
MIDI Program Change: The NDLR also listens for MIDI Program Change messages on the MIDI
Control channel (Settings 1 menu) on any port (5 Pin or USB). Values of 0-8 are accepted and map
directly to Presets 0-8.
Thank you. Are you saying, NDLR can receive Program Changes, but not send them?
(01-21-2020, 01:20 PM)190531085100 Wrote: Thank you. Are you saying, NDLR can receive Program Changes, but not send them?
Sorry, I misread your message. NDLR does not send program change.
I'm struggling with this too-

"MIDI Program Change: The NDLR also listens for MIDI Program Change messages on the MIDI Control channel (Settings 1 menu), on any port (5 Pin or USB). Values of 0-8 are accepted and map directly to Presets 0-8.
If MIDI Program Change messages are received on any MIDI channel, on any port (5 Pin or USB), they are passed through according to the MIDI Note & Message Thru Port Mapping table below....

.....*Exceptions are for messages received on the MIDI Control channel, these messages are NOT passed through."

so I'm sending PC on ch16 to select the NDLR preset (I have them all the same except the key) & I want the same PC to find its way through the NDLR (midi B in & out, this is), & it isn't.
I am using the same channel to control the degree & chord shape from a sequencer upstream (deluge). I want to send this PC to both the NDLR & a midihub downstream of it, which is processing other gear (force-to-scale on a doepfer maq).

if I send a PC on ch15, it reaches the midihub.

so basically the NDLR is blocking everything on its control channel. it would be useful if it passed the PC, as you often want to reconfigure a bunch of stuff with one PC.