Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buttons not working properly
Hello Noodlers,

just received my NDLR, super fast shipping, thanks for that.

I just had a quick look and noticed the buttons 6 + 7 (for Menu 1 + 2) had to be pressed really hard to function. Just pressing until the encoder clicks does nothing. It's working, but it's a bit annoying.

Anything I can do about it? Not sure if I want to return it. I probably have to pay around 80€ for the for the customs fee again, which is quiet steep.

Cheers

Triscus
Hello Triscus, try pulling the knobs up, are the nuts underneath loose? Maybe the knob is hitting the nuts (ouch)?
I thought about it as well, but the nuts are tight and it's the same behavior without the knobs.

Thightening the nuts somewhat helps but it's not that ideal.
(11-25-2019, 02:30 PM)triscus Wrote: I thought about it as well, but the nuts are tight and it's the same behavior without the knobs.

Thightening the nuts somewhat helps but it's not that ideal.

I will email you, you shouldn't have to settle for inconsistent switches. We can discuss how to avoid the customs fee. You should not have to pay that for an exchange.
I received a replacement PCB which now works perfectly. Thank you very much for your support. Highly appreciated!
Well, add me to the list, as my Tempo/Key/Mode button ceased taking presses altogether. I sent you an e-mail through site support with the S/N and asking for a solution. I am sorry about this, but it seems ubiquitous as a button quality issue. Thanks in advance!
(01-02-2020, 09:55 AM)dougferg119 Wrote: Well, add me to the list, as my Tempo/Key/Mode button ceased taking presses altogether. I sent you an e-mail through site support with the S/N and asking for a solution. I am sorry about this, but it seems ubiquitous as a button quality issue. Thanks in advance!
In general, we've not had any problem with the encoders and buttons. In fact, we've made about 1600 NDLRs and so far have never replaced a button from the field. If there's a button failure we catch it in testing and replace it. The main problem we've had is with soldering. There is sometimes contamination or something on the PCB that prevents the solder from fusing to the solder pad on the circuit board. We've had about four reports of this, but we also catch most of these in testing. We've also had (user above) one bad MUX line, which caused a switch failure. We replaced the mux to fix it, not the switch.

Not saying we won't ever find a bad switch, but its not "...ubiquitous as a button quality issue". That is giving the wrong impression. 
Hi, I just received my NDLR and got it working with ableton and some hardware synths pretty quickly. Unfortunately the TEMPO/KEY/MODE encoder is not responding to being pushed down, so I can change the tempo but cannot select the key or mode. Any ideas what's wrong???
(02-04-2020, 11:16 AM)Ewan Wrote: Hi, I just received my NDLR and got it working with ableton and some hardware synths pretty quickly. Unfortunately the TEMPO/KEY/MODE encoder is not responding to being pushed down, so I can change the tempo but cannot select the key or mode. Any ideas what's wrong???
Hey Ewan, sorry to hear you're experiencing this difficulty. Go ahead and head over to the Support Portal and fill out the form there and we'll reach out to you via email to get this sorted.
Jesse
Sorry if I am reviving the thread just wanted to say that I purchased the NDLR about a year ago and do not have any issues till now, so thanks for the great product. I have created an alternative upgrade of your NDLR with help of a circuit board design that I made recently and it is a huge upgrade in my opinion. If you are interested to see it then I am more than happy to share it with you, so do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding ,y upgrade. I would like to thank once again the guys that have build circuit NDLR as the quality is extremely good.