Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MRCC needs powercycle in fully booted windows
Some new findings, but still no ultimate solution...

I have a new MacBook Pro with USB C ports. To connect it to the "USB 2 Type B“ host port of the MRCC I use a standard "USB 2 A to B“ cable and attach a „USB A to C adapter“ – the official Apple one: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MJ1M2...sb-adapter

Unplugging/replugging the adapter from/to the cable has the same effect as unplugging/replugging at the MRCC side: it works. (This can be used as a temporarily workaround.)
Unplugging/replugging the adapter at the MacBook side does not work: MRCC does not reappear.

I discussed this with a developer I know and he told me "If the adapter is active, i.e. contains ICs, then this can make a difference. Because once the device disappears, and once the adapter (and the device implicitly). And there apparently macOS gets confused.“

So I ordered two different "USB C to B" cables to get rid of the adapter and was hoping that they would solve the problem. Unfortunately that didn't work. These cables behave exactly like the combination of cable and adapter I used before: Unplugging/replugging at the MacBook side makes the MRCC disappear and not reappear.

So I feel a bit stuck now. If any of you uses MRCC with a USB C Mac – and replugging the cable at the MacBook side makes MRCC reappear in Audio/MIDI setup, please let me know what cable you are using. Thanks a lot!

Messages In This Thread
RE: MRCC needs powercycle in fully booted windows - by starfish - 03-02-2022, 11:14 AM