Conductive Labs Support Forum

Full Version: MRCC needs powercycle in fully booted windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've found an issue that gave me headaches over the past few nights
If the MRCC is already on, before my PC finished booting (win11) Cubase is not working properly
It sees all the MRCC ports, but no data is being sent
When power cycling the MRCC again in Cubase everything works. And remains working fine
Anybody else got this problem?
I like "set and forget" but this means an extra action every studio session. 
It really seems to be a detection issue. No other USB device has these detection issues on my DAW
Pls advise? Can this be because of changes in the latest beta? 
If so, I prefer to have the basics right first, rather than a FW with an attitude  Big Grin
I have a similar problem – on Mac OS. When I switch on the MRCC first and then connect it to the computer, it's not seen by Mac OS. Only after I power cycled the MRCC it shows up. Same behaviour on a 2019 MacBook Pro and a new M1 Max MacBook Pro. I hope this will be fixed asap because it's really annoying.
The last FW beta, v1.1.044, solved these sorts of problems for me on a Win 10 PC using Studio One. I've been able to have two MRCCs powered on before booting without detection issues.
(01-20-2022, 05:02 PM)Dark Waves Wrote: [ -> ]The last FW beta, v1.1.044, solved these sorts of problems for me on a Win 10 PC using Studio One.  I've been able to have two MRCCs powered on before booting without detection issues.

Thanks for the suggestion, but this solution seems restriced to Windows. I just installed v1.1.044 – and on Mac OS (11.x and 12.x) MRCC still needs a reboot to be recognized.
On my Mac Mini (High Sierra) I've had no issues. Both MRCCs are identified when the Mac comes up. Typically in powering up the MRCCs first then the Mac.
Thanks, interesting. And can you unplug and re-plug the Mac/MRCC USB connection? Is the MRCC still recognized then?
(01-21-2022, 12:16 PM)starfish Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, interesting. And can you unplug and re-plug the Mac/MRCC USB connection? Is the MRCC still recognized then?

EDIT - I had a thought and just checked - my MRCCs are running 041, not the latest 044.  Not sure if that makes a difference or not.
I'm heading out of town this weekend, but I'll update on Monday and report back.

Yes.  If I have Audio/MIDI setup on screen, you can see it grey out and then come back live.
Inside the DAW (I'm using Waveform 11.5 - formerly known as Tracktion), I named all the connections and as long as the MRCC is up and connected, I can use the connections.  MRCC unplugged still shows the names.

Now, can I probably come up with power on sequencing/connection scenarios to blow it all up?  Probably.
But my goal was to create a configuration that allows me to power up with a couple presses on power strips and then log into the computer and I'm ready to go and that's what I have now.

Do I 99.9% of the time use the same sequence for powering up my stuff?  Yes.  If I power up the Mac and console to listen to YouTube and browse forums will Waveform do weird things w/o the MRCCs powered up?  Maybe, maybe not.  Once I have a working config I'm reluctant to mess with it because my time is quite limited.

If I'm in beta test mode, all bets are off and I try to break as much as I can, lol, but this is not that time.
Thanks. When I unplug, MRCC in Audio/MIDI setup becomes gray (which is normal behaviour), but when I reconnect it does NOT come alive again, only if I power cycle MRCC. I'm working with a MacBook Pro, so unplugging it and coming back later and replugging it is part of my workflow.

Sorry for slightly derailing this thread, because initially it was only referring to Windows. I sent a message to support and hope they come back with a solution (or a new update that fixes this).
This seems to be related to a race condition that occurs during enumeration in the PC/Mac host. I think it started happening for some folks when we made some changes to the FW to help with multiple unit enumeration ironically. We have a guy who's currently working on solving the issue. It will be in the next FW update hopefully. I wasn't aware of the windows issue, so thanks for letting me know, I'll inform the team.
I went back to the official firmware 1.039 – and it doesn't solve the problem (MRCC not recognized after disconnecting/reconnecting on Mac OS).
If anybody here is running MRCC with Mac OS and does not have the problem: Could you please let me know which MRCC firmware you are running?
Pages: 1 2 3 4