Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the MRCC include ERM Multiclock functions?
I have been looking for a router as well as a device that does what the ERM Multiclock USB Sync performs.  Any chance that the MRCC will include this type of capability, or would the processors be unable to accomplish this?

As an early NDLR supporter, I am looking forward to getting on an early list for this.  Never saw it on Kickstarter like the NDLR.

Good luck,

Jim voos
(05-31-2020, 07:35 PM)daiku1 Wrote: I have been looking for a router as well as a device that does what the ERM Multiclock USB Sync performs.  Any chance that the MRCC will include this type of capability, or would the processors be unable to accomplish this?

As an early NDLR supporter, I am looking forward to getting on an early list for this.  Never saw it on Kickstarter like the NDLR.

Good luck,

Jim voos
Hey Jim, I am only familiar with the ERM in passing, but I think Steve knows more than me about it, is there specific functionality that you were hoping for? I can check with him to see if we're planning to include that functionality and get back to you.

Thanks for your support!
Jesse
Given that the MRCC will be connecting LOTS of devices, it is likely that connection with DAWs like Ableton will be a part of the mix. When trying to bring together multiple devices, midi jitter and timing issues occur between devices and the clock so things are off in timing. I think this video explains it well, from Ricky Tinez:

https://youtu.be/EqNOML5nbEE

The ERM is Very Expensive but solves this problem, so if the MRCC offered a similar function, it's value proposition would be raised substantially.
(06-02-2020, 02:01 PM)daiku1 Wrote: Given that the MRCC will be connecting LOTS of devices, it is likely that connection with DAWs like  Ableton will be a part of the mix.  When trying to bring together multiple devices, midi jitter and timing issues occur between devices and the clock so things are off in timing.  I think this video explains it well, from Ricky Tinez:

https://youtu.be/EqNOML5nbEE

The ERM is Very Expensive but solves this problem, so if the MRCC offered a similar function, it's value proposition would be raised substantially.
I love Ricky, I'll take a look at this and see whats up. Thanks,
Jesse