Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDLR and AE modular
Smile 
hi, yesterday I've received my ndlr and started to use it with an Ultranova.
I have a 1 rack AE modular (backed on KickStarter as the ndlr), but I don't know how to use it with the ndlr.
Do I need a "cv to midi" or something like that?
I'm not a professional user and ndlr and Ae modular are the first hardware of this kind that I own
Thanks in advance for your help.
Andrea
The AE Modular has a MIDI input on the master module, so to connect a keyboard or The NDLR, you would need a 5 pin to 3.5mm jack adapter. Check this link: https://www.tangiblewaves.com/store/p28/...Cable.html
Darryl Wrote:The AE Modular has a MIDI input on the master module, so to connect a keyboard or The NDLR, you would need a 5 pin to 3.5mm jack adapter. Check this link: https://www.tangiblewaves.com/store/p28/...Cable.html
Hi Darryl,
I have the cable and I've used it.
I've tried to connect AE and NDRL but nothing happened (I just disconnected from the NDLR the Supernova I was using and connect the AE)
Andrea
I suppose the AE Modular has a way to configure the MIDI channel it is listening to? Otherwise, you can try all of the MIDI channels while a NDLR motif is playing.
Darryl Wrote:I suppose the AE Modular has a way to configure the MIDI channel it is listening to? Otherwise, you can try all of the MIDI channels while a NDLR motif is playing.

I don't know if there is a way to configure the MIDI channel in the AE; I'll ask... meanwhile I try all to midi channels  Smile .
Thanks.

Andrea
Hi,

these are the midi spec of the AE:

the MIDI in on the MASTER module of AE modular receives either on MIDI channel 1 (switch in left position) or Omni/all channels (switch in right position).
The MIDI note range of AE starts at 24 = 0V

So I've connected the NDLR Midi out b to the AE; set MOTIF2 midi on 1MIDIB but nothing happened…
Any suggestion?
Thanks
Andrea
I would suggest starting out with the AE set for Omni, so whatever comes in can play. I assume you configured The NDLR Motif 2 for MIDIB, but you can also try "1 All" so motif 2 goes out on all ports.

Can you make AE play with a MIDI keyboard?
>>you can also try "1 All" so motif 2 goes out on all ports>> I've tried and nothing happened.
>>Can you make AE play with a MIDI keyboard>> Not yet tried, I'll do.

Thanks
Hi,

now it works: it was necessary to ad a patch configuration in the ae.
Thanks again.

Andrea
(02-16-2019, 03:33 AM)Andrea70 Wrote: Hi,

now it works: it was necessary to ad a patch configuration in the ae.
Thanks again.

Andrea

Great news! Have some fun with your new instruments!