Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screen gone Black after Firmware Update - Solved
(05-27-2020, 08:23 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 08:59 PM)browndwarf Wrote: Hi Jesse, thanks for your quick reply!

I did all you said. Re-downloaded the 063 hex file (579 kb). Also tried it using a second Mac as well but sadly, my NDLR isn't waking up. Clicking the FW doesn't seem to do anything and teensy is still stuck on the "Press Button on Teensy to manually enter Program Mode"). The Program button is inactive and the only active button other than Load hex file is the Auto, which doesn't wake up NDLR as well.

I hope I haven't bricked my NDLR lol. Does it matter that when I was updating the firmware the first time, I had a MIDI cable plugged into NDLR Out-B?

If there are other diagnostic tests I can run, pls advise. Thanks for your help
Ok don't worry, we'll get this sorted out. I'll update the team and see what our next step is. Hang tight.
Jesse
OK so our next step is going to be to force the NDLR into bootloader mode. This can be done by pressing the FW button and holding it down while connecting power. The screen will remain dark, but hopefully the teensy loader will recognize the device at this point. If that works as planned, go ahead and proceed with the firmware update, if not report back and we can go from there.
Jesse

Messages In This Thread
RE: Screen gone Black after Firmware Update - Solved - by Jesse Johannesen - 05-27-2020, 01:42 PM