Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midi notes generate click sounds in synth
Hi i'm enjoying the NDLR a lot.

Here are some findings.

1. I'm getting a click sound for 30% when a midinote arrives in my Microvolt 3900.
If i set my ADSR in the Microvolt 3900 with a slow attack i still hear a click coming in. This only happens with the NDLR at the moment. Other devices don't create this click such as the arturia keystep.

You can hear it in the beginning of this track. You hear that the microvolt is not really clean. 

https://soundcloud.com/jesse-smits/snippers

2. Other thing is. The sequencer plays low notes on some numbers. So if i make steps 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14. Then the 9 and 11 create a lower note than numbers 1 2 4 5 6. Its like it jumps an octave.

3. It would be nice if the LFO's that im sending that go to midi inputs of other devices start doing their LFO-ing when i start playing all or a motive, pad or drone. 

Maybe one of these things were allready found.
Maybe one of these things allready have a solution.

Thanks.

Keep it up with the good project!
(01-10-2020, 03:17 PM)onderbox86 Wrote: Hi i'm enjoying the NDLR a lot.

Here are some findings.

1. I'm getting a click sound for 30% when a midinote arrives in my Microvolt 3900.
If i set my ADSR in the Microvolt 3900 with a slow attack i still hear a click coming in. This only happens with the NDLR at the moment. Other devices don't create this click such as the arturia keystep.

You can hear it in the beginning of this track. You hear that the microvolt is not really clean. 

2. Other thing is. The sequencer plays low notes on some numbers. So if i make steps 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14. Then the 9 and 11 create a lower note than numbers 1 2 4 5 6. Its like it jumps an octave.

3. It would be nice if the LFO's that im sending that go to midi inputs of other devices start doing their LFO-ing when i start playing all or a motive, pad or drone. 

Thanks.

1. Does he microvolt have a optically isolated MIDI input? Maybe try turning down the velocity on The NDLR (settings menu 2), if MV supports velocity.

2. Check the Chord Inversion setting on SETTINGS menu 3. Otherwise, its just The NDLRs way of keeping things interesting.

3. Might be worth having a setting for that. But there's no guarantee that someone isn't sending the LFO to a synth that is not being played with The NDLR, in which case you wouldn't want it tied to a NDLR part.
(01-11-2020, 02:44 PM)Darryl Wrote:
(01-10-2020, 03:17 PM)onderbox86 Wrote: Hi i'm enjoying the NDLR a lot.

Here are some findings.

Thanks.

1. Does he microvolt have a optically isolated MIDI input? Maybe try turning down the velocity on The NDLR (settings menu 2), if MV supports velocity.

2. Check the Chord Inversion setting on SETTINGS menu 3. Otherwise, its just The NDLRs way of keeping things interesting.

3. Might be worth having a setting for that. But there's no guarantee that someone isn't sending the LFO to a synth that is not being played with The NDLR, in which case you wouldn't want it tied to a NDLR part.

1 MicroVolt doesnt support velocity. I checked the settings in the menu. I thought it had something to do with velocity so i tried to lower the values in the rhytm but that didn't help. Ive put al values to 1 in the Menu 3/3. This worked! No more clicks. So thanks for that one! Smile 

2 I checked the Chord inversion setting it didn't change the issue. Keeping things interesting is what i like about the NDLR but some farts in between cool patterns is too much of keeping things interesting Confused . Hope i can find the solution as the magic of the NDLR is that it presents you a diamond in the rough you didnt think of yourself and it would be nice to polish at least the choice of notes. 

3 Yeah an on off setting would be great! Smile I use the LFO on an effects pedal (Specular Tempus). Unlucky the effects pedal is inoperative as it receives midi cc. So its more the pedals fault offcourse. Maybe i should tell this company to change this problem and not you guys. The anoying part is that i have to go to the LFO and change a value so the pedals stops receiving midi cc messages so i can change some parameters of the pedal. Also an on off switch would be cool if it would be operative via external midi that comes in the NDLR. So if external midi composing devices such as the elektron devices or the squarp pyramid could trigger the NDLR's LFO's when needed in the composition. 

Thanks for the answers.

If i find solutions or other things i'll keep you up to date. Also if i made some cool music with the NDLR!
By the way, you can pause LFOs on the NDLR parts by pressing Shift and the part's Play button. You will see a red ring around the play indicator dot when the LFO is paused.
(01-13-2020, 02:10 PM)Darryl Wrote: By the way, you can pause LFOs on the NDLR parts by pressing Shift and the part's Play button. You will see a red ring around the play indicator dot when the LFO is paused.

OH Perfect! Thanks A lot again Darryl. Will check it out.  Heart Heart Heart