Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Note Output on USB (WIN)
Hi,

I received my new NDLR today and tried to connect to a PC with Reaper and VSTs.

I cannot get it to work at all.

I changed the Midi Output to USB 1 - no notes send.

I also setup MIDI-OX to receive on NDLR Midi in - and it receives the Start and Stop messages .. however it does not receive any note events at all.

If I remove all Filters in MIDI-OX I can see the clock and the start/stop messages:
00055B9A  2  --    F8    --    --  --  ---  Timing Clock         
00055BB4  2  --    F8    --    --  --  ---  Timing Clock         
00055BCF  2  --    F8    --    --  --  ---  Timing Clock         
00055BEA  2  --    F8    --    --  --  ---  Timing Clock         
00055C04  2  --    F8    --    --  --  ---  Timing Clock         
00055C04  2  --    FA    --    --  --  ---  Start               
00055C1F  2  --    F8    --    --  --  ---  Timing Clock         
00055C39  2  --    F8    --    --  --  ---  Timing Clock         
00055C54  2  --    F8    --    --  --  ---  Timing Clock         
00055C64  2  --    FC    --    --  --  ---  Stop                 
00055C6F  2  --    F8    --    --  --  ---  Timing Clock         
00055C89  2  --    F8    --    --  --  ---  Timing Clock         
00055CA4  2  --    F8    --    --  --  ---  Timing Clock

But thats it. Any Idea what is going wrong and Why I do not see any output?

BTW: It is irrelevant if I use PAD, Drone or Motifs ... nothing there - not on any press on any of the chord buttons. Huh
Okay, found the answer ... I was confused with the operation of the knobs combined with the wording Midi Out ...

It is just easy ... on the left side of the Menu-1 it is the settings you want to change for midi per part.

So problem solved.

Maybe a suggestion.
After initializing the device it maybe should be set to ALL instead to MidiA. That would actually work out of the box on a PC via USB. This version need you first to understand this part of it and the quick start is not really helping to understand that thing. Before beeing able to use it with USB, one would need to understand how to enter the settings menu and how it works inside. Other way around would give a better start experience and then I can change it to whatever I like.

Cheers
Ser
That is good feedback, thank you. We might update the quick start to a pamphlet for the next batch and setting the MIDI parameters would be a primary feature of the guide.

We actually had MIDI set to All at one time, but changed it because it takes extra cycles to service all of the ports, so we wanted people to go set it for the correct port.