Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pattern memory
My ndlr arrived 3 days ago. It's an amazing piece of kit - inspiring, creative, saves me having to learn how to play keyboard which is clearly never going to happen, it's simple yet complex and immediate but this is also the problem. The one concern I had when I ordered was the very limited memory and/or inability to dump patterns. I have already saved 3 patterns and will very quickly fill the 8 provided.

I appreciate I can just record into my DAW and have done this but then I can't upload that so am stuck with whatever I've done so loose that immediacy.

Please can someone explain the reasoning/philosophy behind this? It's such a basic function and need. I realise this has been discussed before but I still don't understand why.

Thanks

Rob
As discussed elsewhere, there's not enough storage for more anything. Wish it had more, but it doesn't. We hope to have a library manager some day. There's an interface for it but we don't have time to make it. Maybe someone would like to take a shot at it. Let us know if you have the skills and want the API.
(11-17-2019, 03:31 PM)Darryl Wrote: As discussed elsewhere, there's not enough storage for more anything. Wish it had more, but it doesn't. We hope to have a library manager some day. There's an interface for it but we don't have time to make it. Maybe someone would like to take a shot at it. Let us know if you have the skills and want the API.
Hi Darryl,
I'm a c# / Delphi developer. Would that work with the API or does it need to be in C or C++? I'd like to pick up this task..
(11-17-2019, 11:29 PM)Regrib Wrote:
(11-17-2019, 03:31 PM)Darryl Wrote: As discussed elsewhere, there's not enough storage for more anything. Wish it had more, but it doesn't. We hope to have a library manager some day. There's an interface for it but we don't have time to make it. Maybe someone would like to take a shot at it. Let us know if you have the skills and want the API.
Hi Darryl,
I'm a c# / Delphi developer. Would that work with the API or does it need to be in C or C++? I'd like to pick up this task..

It is a little "API" that works over the USB "serial port".  So if can read and write to a USB serial port you can use this.   I mocked up a librarian in Xojo. 

I thought we posted this doc... I can't find it.  I'll talk to Darryl about if/where it is.   I think it would be great to start a GitHub project to make a Librarian / HW VST app that is community supported.

Steve
(11-18-2019, 02:59 PM)It is a little "API" that works over the USB "serial port".  So if can read and write to a USB serial port you can use this.   I mocked up a librarian in Xojo. Wrote: Found it ...

Here's the link to the doc
https://conductivelabs.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=55

It's in post "The NDLR beta firmware v1.1.036"
(03-15-2019, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2019, 07:08 PM by Steve.) >> https://conductivelabs.com/forum/showthr...431#pid431

Steve