Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on glissando effect
Several synths allow to tie 2 notes and produce a glissando effect.
It can be done manually by overlapping 2 notes slightly when playing.
Is this feature available with the NDLR? I read the doc and couldn’t figure out what was the actual rythm note on duration. It seems to be fixed and wouldn’t overlap next step. Am I right?
I don't work for Conductive Labs, but from what I've learned, the NDLR always sends notes in legato style. So, no, this feature is not currently available with the NDLR. Getting glissando, or slides, has been asked before in a previous thread - with no change in operation so far. And, frankly, none expected from me now.
(02-11-2024, 10:38 AM)House de Kris Wrote: I don't work for Conductive Labs, but from what I've learned, the NDLR always sends notes in legato style. So, no, this feature is not currently available with the NDLR. Getting glissando, or slides, has been asked before in a previous thread - with no change in operation so far. And, frankly, none expected from me now.

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean that note off is immediately preceding the next note on? We cannot even set a duration shorter than a step?
As how I understand things, yes, note off is immediately before the next note on.
Kris is correct, there is a Tie option in the Rhythm Editor, but that is the only way to affect the note length of an event.

With that said I have been able to get slide behavior on my setup by making both motifs play on the same channel and overlapping events, having one playing faster and one slower, or by having lots of ties in one motif you can create more slides (new notes over a held note = slide).