Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDLR and soft synths in logic
I recently got a NDLR and I am trying to make it work with the soft synths in logic audio.

I load 4 soft synths, each set to a different midi channel but when I use the NDLR, all of the midi info for pad, drone, motif 1+2 is played by each soft synth at the same time - they should all be on their own individual midi channels.
Midi info is being transmitted over USB from the NDLR to logic

I cant figure out out how to send the midi info for drone, pad, motif 1+2 (from the NDLR) to each soft synth - any thoughts or ideas where i can find a solution for this?

This may ultimately be a Logic midi configuration thing rather than a NDLR thing...not sure at this point, but I thought I would check here first before I start digging around
OK I worked with a friend who has Logic and we were able to figure something out, hopefully this solves your issue:

On each instrument's MIDI track:

in their inspector (which is the channelstrip section on the left) in the MIDI effect drop-down menu you need to select the "scripter" effect.

This will load a setting called “factory default” which passes every channel, we need to change this to the first selection from the drop-down, selecting "channel filter". This defaults to pass only channel 1. For each instrument's track we need to do this and select the correct channel for that device. 

Do this for each channel then make sure the recording “arm” selector is lit red for all of them.