Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start/Stop CC MIDI through?
EDIT: NEVERMIND I JUST FOUND MY ANSWER BY READING THE OTHER TOPICS (at least for the midi through part, not sure about the clock bug)

Hey folks!

New NDLR user here, i'm trying to figure out how can I integrate it into my DAWless setup, and while I have found a really cool way to do it, I still have trouble figuring out one particular detail. 

Is it possible to make the NDLR pass through all the start/stop CC's from a master source into "child" the synths ? 

My current setup has a Boss RC-500 guitar looper acting as MIDI clock, it sends start and stop CC signals into two Novation Circuit grooveboxes, that immediately start playing at the same tempo as the loop. I'd love to insert the NDLR in between the looper and the Circuits, but my issue is that if i do it, the grooveboxes don't start with the looper anymore, unless they have at least one track mapped from the NDLR and armed to play (and even then, sometimes the notes are sent but not the start, or the stop...)

A workaround could be always mapping at least one track on each groovebox to the NDLR and mute these tracks, but I tend to do a lot of live improvisations, and it's hard to predict in advance what I would be using (and to think about resetting it back again after each "track"). Ideally I'd like for the NDLR to be "transparent" and act as if it's not here unless I specifically want to use it; then, if a track would be assigned to a pattern on the NDLR, it would just play when its play button is pressed.

I've also noticed a weird bug, every time I start the playback on the looper, the NDLR always starts faster and actually takes around a second to adjust to the beat, so i'd definitely rather let the looper dictate the tempo to the grooveboxes. Like, having all the CC going from the looper through the NDLR and into the MIDI outputs, and having the NDLR only sending note signals when needed

I'm using a v1 with the latest firmware BTW

Thanks in advance!
Sorry I just found the answer by reading the forum!
Good to hear you got it sorted out on your own quickly.

About the clock bug, can you describe it further? Sounds pretty odd to me. If you can, could you make a recording of the notes the NDLR generates in one channel, and the notes a different sequencer without this issue in the other running simultaneously? Have each machine set to 1/8th notes or something, might be interesting to hear.

Please note, I don't work for Conductive Labs, so I'm not representing them in any way. Just trying to offer a helping hand.