Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transpose Mod just does nothing
Bug 
Hi, I connected my old Casio WK 3000 Keyboard over Midi Out into the 3th Midi Input of the MRCC. Then I route it to P01 Out. In my Daw (FL Studio) I can play now the MRCC Midi and it works fine. 
But now I want to add a transpose mod to it. 

So I went to the routing section and selected the out port so it says 3 -> P01. I adding a Transpose Preset 1 to the first mod slot. 
Now by pressing the knob dile, I will be in the transpose settings window. Here I can set the transpose for the preset 1 and nothing happens. 
Still the same key. 

I literally followed the instructions of the MRCC YouTube video for Transpose (Transpose Mod Tutorial by MRCC)

Doesn't matter what preset I choose, what mod slot I use or if I use a different P Out or Midi In Port. 
Midi Channels set on Any in the Transpose page but It also doesn't matter if I change it to the Midi Channel I use. 

I even tried to factory reset the MRCC, Updating the newest firmware to MRCC_v1.1.073 and trying to use a different midi synth (Novation Circut Tracks) to send the Keyboard Midi to it and transpose it. 

Because I thought that maybe my Keyboard was too old, I also tried sending Midi from the Novation Circut Tracks into my Daw. Also no transpose, It stays on the same normal transpose. 

Nothing works, it's like the transpose mode doesn't do anything. I think it is a bug :/

Here I put some pictures of my settings:
[/url][url=https://www.playbook.com/s/marcusuniverse/mrcc-transpose-bug]https://www.playbook.com/s/marcusuniverse/mrcc-transpose-bug
My guess is there's a bug. Can you try to do the same with the TP2 mod and see if it works? I'll try and reproduce it on my end and let you know what happens.
Bug 
(11-02-2023, 01:43 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: My guess is there's a bug. Can you try to do the same with the TP2 mod and see if it works? I'll try and reproduce it on my end and let you know what happens.

I tryed it with TP2 and also with TP 3 and 4. I also tried different Modifire Slots. Transpose just don't work at all. Like it does nothing. When I do a hard reset and reinstall the newest firmware it works for the first 2 seconds and then it snaps back to the normal transpose. Factory Reset doesn't help it needs to be reinstalled the firmware.

Since I got the MRCC I had this issue and then I also upgraded it to the newest firmware and still no transpose mod.
Thank you Marcus, I will see if I can get Steve to take a look at what's happening in the code. The bit about it working for a moment seems important, thank you for passing that along. I'll report back here once we find out what's happening.
(11-15-2023, 08:08 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: Thank you Marcus, I will see if I can get Steve to take a look at what's happening in the code. The bit about it working for a moment seems important, thank you for passing that along. I'll report back here once we find out what's happening.

Thanks. I also updated now to the newest firmware MRCC_v1.1.075_08-23-2023 and the issue still remains. 

But when I first set to factory preset, then updating the firmware, routing the ports, adding TP1 Mod and change the transpose number, it works for some seconds. But then goes back to normal transpose.

What is different this time is the transposed note, I played still holding down while I do nothing on the piano. Removing the transpose mod does nothing and the note still is pressed down in the MRCC. Seems like the note is frozen in some way.
But when I find the note on the piano and press it again, it stops. It's happening right after the last second it works and when I have a note pressed down at the same moment while transposing. 

Maybe this information helps in the debugging process Smile
I can't seem to reproduce the issue on my end. I am able to input MIDI from my DAW on MRCC port 1, route it out a DIN port and back into DIN 3 in (as you mentioned you're using that port) then route DIN 3 to PC 2 out and play sounds in my DAW. Then applying the TP1 mod I am able to transpose this as expected. I confirmed this behavior on V1.1.073 and 1.1.075.
Can you please reach out to me via the support@conductivelabs.com email and we can set up a zoom meeting so you can walk me through the issue in person?

The issue with the note hanging means that there isn't a note off event being sent when the transpose setting is changed, and it is probably that way by choice, so probably not related to the issue at hand.

Sorry this has been such an ordeal Marcus, hopefully we can get this sorted for you.