Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fixed transpose arp
hey is there a way to transpose a pattern i made without following the scale?
let's think about donna summer moroder "i feel love" type, same chord  1,5t and 7m arpeggio on 1, 3, 5 and 6 root note (but not following the scale)
ps
i know i can change scale but in a way the change is not "quantized" so is a bit of a pain (it changes instantly)
would be super if i could change scale and the ndlr could still play what it was playing and then when i press the chord button (only then) as usual change as per quantization on setting (1/8, 1/4 etc)
I think there's a setting in the Motif editor page (press [shift+menu] and press the top right encoder button, press menu to exit) using the bottom left encoder to scroll all the way left past the first step will bring you into a pop up menu that shows the different modes that can be assigned to that motif slot, one is in scale, one is by selected chord and I think there's an option for chromatic as well.
(11-02-2023, 01:38 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: I think there's a setting in the Motif editor page (press [shift+menu] and press the top right encoder button, press menu to exit) using the bottom left encoder to scroll all the way left past the first step will bring you into a pop up menu that shows the different modes that can be assigned to that motif slot, one is in scale, one is by selected chord and I think there's an option for chromatic as well.

hey thanks
yes as per manual on page 48

note: SCALE and CHROMATIC patterns DO NOT move with Chord Degree changes, they are fixed relative to the root of the Key.

so is hard to emulate that kind of moroder arpeggio here, would be great if the arpeggio could transpose "without following the scale" just a straight transpose OR the change to change main root without having that change "instant" but only related to the follow chord button pressed (and quantized)
Not trying to be a jerk by stating the obvious here, just searching for a solution. But, isn't the synth's transpose function ideal for this use? I may be missing something here.
(11-03-2023, 01:23 PM)House de Kris Wrote: Not trying to be a jerk by stating the obvious here, just searching for a solution. But, isn't the synth's transpose function ideal for this use? I may be missing something here.

no you are trying and you succeeded
but i still love u
It's pretty clear that you're just being sassy here, but regardless, it's not OK to suggest Kris is being a jerk here, joking or not, but we still love you too.

In regards to a solution, I have another idea, but I don't know if it works within your needs. If you were to change the Key by the number of semitones with it in Chromatic, would that provide the result you're going for? The Key is one of the parameters that can be externally controlled via CC message, so you may be able to set up an external controller to have better access to that parameter while doing other things with the NDLR controls.
(11-15-2023, 09:42 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: It's pretty clear that you're just being sassy here, but regardless, it's not OK to suggest Kris is being a jerk here, joking or not, but we still love you too.

In regards to a solution, I have another idea, but I don't know if it works within your needs. If you were to change the Key by the number of semitones with it in Chromatic, would that provide the result you're going for? The Key is one of the parameters that can be externally controlled via CC message, so you may be able to set up an external controller to have better access to that parameter while doing other things with the NDLR controls.

hey of course, we still love each others, and this is what matters

in regards the best solution would be to change scale from the ndlr itself, without the instant change... i mean it would be ace to have the change related to the following chord button pressing... so in this way u can be free to do what u want to do, changing chords as u prefer.
i know u can do it by external controller, but would be ace to do in the machine itself