Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCC Sustain message not sent to layers
Good day.

My apologies if this question has been asked before. I have a master keyboard (EX5) that I have running in to the MRCC. I have set up the MRCC routing with layers that send MIDI out to MRCC channels 2 - 6 where each physical MRCC channel layer assignment also has a specific MIDI channel. This is all working as expected. However, when I hold down the sustain pedal while playing, only the master keyboard sound is sustained. I should also point out that I have not enabled any filtering on the routing pages.

Previously, I had been controlling these modules by setting them all to the same midi channel as the master. Under this configuration, sending sustain messages worked as expected. So, it seems there must be something I have not properly set up either the layer page or the routing pages. This is a configuration that I would like to move away from so that I can control modules from tracks on an external sequencer when needed or play them layered live when needed.

Has anyone else encoutnered this issue?
The sustain message is channel specific, that's why the other channels/ routes/modules don't see it