Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crazy clock with Akai Force over USB
I'm using the NDLR with my MPC force, and everything sounds great when I'm just jamming with the sequencer stopped. But when I try to actually let the Force sync to the NDLR, the clock is totally crazy. What am I missing?

NDLR is sending four parts over USB 1, 2, 3, and 4, each part set to Channel 1 on its respective USB part.  Midi clock out is set to USB 1, as I was thinking that setting it to "all" would duplicate the clock over all 4 channels and may have been causing the problem. 

Force still acts like it's receiving multiple clocks at the same time and goes crazy.
Ok, I think I have seen this one before, but I forget what it was that was going on. I'll hook my NDLR to my MPC Live and see if I can reproduce the issue. One thing I can think of to try is that there's no need to use all 4 USB ports, go ahead and try it with 1 port and using 4 channels on that port and see if it still goes nuts. I will report back once I test it out.
So I gave it a shot with the MPC Live 2, and it seems like I can easily get the clocks to multiply, but ONLY if I set the clock out to 1-4 in the boot menu, if it's set to just 1, then the clock behaves normally. It may be worth taking another look to make sure the selection is correctly set in that menu. Pressing [SHIFT + MENU] while powering the device enters the menu. Pressing Motif 1 Play/Pause will toggle the selection. The selected value will be shown in green. Toggle the selection until 1 is shown green, then press the Panic button to save and continue with the boot process.

The USB 1 vs ALL you mentioned above makes me think you may have edited the MIDI transport selection in the settings menu, this only changes what happens when you press play and or pause, and doesn't affect clock. The Boot menu selection is labeled 1 vs 1-4 rather than ALL.

Other things that could cause clock doubling are basically limited to a MIDI loop as far as I can tell. If the above suggestion didn't solve your issue, would you please clarify how MIDI is being routed in the setup overall? Any chance we're looping back MIDI anywhere?