Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARP on synth doesn´t work
So basically the connection from my synth to MPC One works. The MPC One is my master clock. My old midi interface from ESI also passed on the master clock without any problems. Only now when I try to sync on my Sequential (REV2 but also PRO3) with the internal ARP of Sequentials nothing happens. The ARP of both synths does not start. What can be the reason?
just got a solution for the moment. i had to activate the filtering on the MRCC for each channel? but why do i have to?
now it works on both PRO3 and REV2. The arp starts on both devices.

(08-04-2023, 05:08 AM)mrcc_user12123 Wrote: just got a solution for the moment. i had to activate the filtering on the MRCC for each channel? but why do i have to?

if i filter the first three input ports the arps on the synth a synct with the mpc one. but there are no notes getting in to the mpc one.
if i deactivate the filtering on the first three ports notes getting in to the mpc one but the arps an the synth do not work anymore.
where is the problem?

if i activate on the input the first three filters the arp on the synth works and is synct with the mpc one.
if i deactive on the input the first three filters notes can be recorded on the mpc one but the arps on the synth won´t work.
where is the problem?
(08-04-2023, 05:08 AM)mrcc_user12123 Wrote: just got a solution for the moment. i had to activate the filtering on the MRCC for each channel? but why do i have to?

if i filter the first three input ports the arps on the synth a synct with the mpc one. but there are no notes getting in to the mpc one.
if i deactivate the filtering on the first three ports notes getting in to the mpc one but the arps an the synth do not work anymore.
where is the problem?

if i activate on the input the first three filters the arp on the synth works and is synct with the mpc one.
if i deactive on the input the first three filters notes can be recorded on the mpc one but the arps on the synth won´t work.
where is the problem?
next step. i had to deactivate only all output filter "notes" for each synth channel. This works with the PRO3 and you can record all notes and start the arp on the PRO3 and record filters an all.. but the REV2 makes furthermore problems.

so new problem. play back the notes from the pro3 is not possible because of the filtering.
is there anyone who can help me configurate this mrcc with the mpc one or live or so.

with the cheap esi 8 port midi switch it all worked without any problems. with the 5x as expensive part is nothing. I'll get a heart attack soon
Don't get a heart attack!  It'll get sorted.

Not sure that I can help entirely, but pretty sure no filtering should be necessary to do what you want, and it probably is messing with the playback.  Make sure the devices are set to receive MIDI Clock (RX), and that there aren't any loops or double routings which can mess with the timing.  Hopefully someone experienced with these synths can give you more specific help.
(08-04-2023, 04:29 PM)Dark Waves Wrote: Don't get a heart attack!  It'll get sorted.

Not sure that I can help entirely, but pretty sure no filtering should be necessary to do what you want, and it probably is messing with the playback.  Make sure the devices are set to receive MIDI Clock (RX), and that there aren't any loops or double routings which can mess with the timing.  Hopefully someone experienced with these synths can give you more specific help.

Ok, now it works. I figured out how.
The light show should somehow be controllable via the screensaver timeout. As soon as the screen switches off, the light show could start. That would be an idea.