Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCC sending inappropriate sustain messages only for certain keys
MRCC Firmware:MRCC_v1.1.071_03-08-2023

MIDI in from: Linnstrument or Hydrasynth Keyboard via USB

MIDI out to: Roland Integra 7 via MIDI DIN

When using the MRCC I've been having issues with inappropriate sustain messages being sent to my Roland Integra 7.

This happens when using either my Linnstrument or Hydrasynth connected to the MRCC via USB.  It doesn't happen necessarily happen right away, but once it happens on a specific note all subsequent triggerings of that note have the same inappropriate sustain.

When I connect the same MIDI DIN cable to the Integra 7 directly I get no such behavior.

This is  seems really odd, particularly the fact that it doesn't happen right away and it's not always the same otes.

Any ideas what might be going on here?
Knock Knock. Anyone there? The Conductive Labs web page says support is provided via these forums.

Do the developers visit these forums or am I better of trying to contact them via the contact us page on the website.
They do check in here, though it's a very small, and apparently busy, crew.  I don't think it would hurt to try the contact form if nobody responds soon, or send a PM to Jesse, who is the one handling support issues: https://conductivelabs.com/forum/member....le&uid=970
My NTS-1 freeze with note too (maybe sustain too?) sometimes, connected via midi out - trs. Maybe it's somehow similar case? Latest firmware.
Hey, yeah we do host these forums for support (from us as well as from other users in the community), but it's not always the fastest way to get assistance. The fastest way to get support is via email at the Support@conductivelabs.com address, which I look at multiple times a day usually.

Interesting problem in this case, I'm not sure what could cause that, but it might be worth trying setting up some midi filtering on the routing between the two if you aren't sending sysex messages from the devices. There are occasional compatibility issues with USB host ports and certain devices, however we've had beta testers using the Linnstrument and none have reported anything like this.

It's a little limited but you may be able to use the onboard midi event viewer to look at those notes as they're sent through, then as an added step in the analysis pass the DIN output of that port back through an input (loop it back through the MRCC) then monitor those notes to see if the data being sent is identical.

Send me an email and we can follow up with it over there to see if we can get to the bottom of the issue.