Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cant make more than 1 routing
OK, really odd.  Possibly something Ive done/am doing.

I only received my MRCC yesterday (with the 4x1 expander).  took hours to set up lol, noth the MRCC as such, but working out all my routings, and fault finding issues i was getting with the 4x1.

Anyway, got everything working as I wanted it late last night.   My MRCC wasnt on the latest FW, (still had to press shift and save/load) so I updated and everything seemed fine.

This morning I wanted to add an extra USB in (for my iridium.  I had it into the PC port yesterday as it was the only way I could get it talking, as Iridium is a host too) - I found how to configure correctly.  So Im not getting the green LED on the USB port (was getting red before) OPK, all good.  Now the problem.  I can only make a single routing....  This isnt just on the new port.  If I make changes to saved presets I can only make 1...  For instance, I can go to input 1, and ADD  (to my already working preset) Midi out 8, but iI cant add 9.  If I de-select 8 I can then add 9, but cant then add 10 etc.

This was fine yesterday, and before I updated FW (cant remember if I made some changes after or not).  

Any ideas at all here?  Im SOOOOOOOOOOOO close to having it set up with 4 presets how I need my setup to work.  The ONLY reason I changed was I really wanted the Iridium to work in a Host port and not use the PC one, or I cant route into my PC (which I wouldnt do often, do I  would want to on occasion).

Any ideas here.  Is it that latest FW?  if so how do I roll back.   Anything else that FW introduced I need to do to make multiple connections?

OK..... More playing.

It seems Im out of connections............  If I removed 5, I can add 5 but no more.

PITA lol

I have each of 4 presets set up correctly at least, but It means I cant add any more gear...... I have a Pro3 to integrate once I move to a slightly larger room - which will need 2 conections (1 in and 1 out) minimum (Id like more - i like to be able to play all my sources from all my keybeds)  There MAY be 2 available... or not.

Secondly, I was going to pick up a NDLR once back available, but theres no way Ill have enough routes to integrate that too....

Going to raise this as a ticket...  I get that if you have too much data flowing you get problems, but I dont.   Im not USING all the connections at once, but a long shot.   ITs just so I can go to any keybed, and play and sound source.    At worst Ill be playing the sequencer (HAPAX) or NDLR (If I can integrate it) but that wont use all the connections up either.
Heya, I'm pretty sure we're taking a look at this via the support email, but just to put it out there in case other users run into a similar issue the MRCC has a routing limit of (I think) 44 routing. At the moment that is a limit that we haven't successfully exceeded in software, but we hope to eventually solve a problem that will make that possible. I will revisit this with the Dev team and see if we have some time to set aside to look at it again soon, but in the meantime we have discussed creating a notification when the last routing is created which would at least prevent this sort of headache.