Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDLR + Arturia Beatstep Pro
Just wanted to say, the NDLR is a great piece of kit. Soon after turning mine on for the first time, I figured out that it needed a friend, and after introducing it to my Beatstep Pro, I think the two fell in love.

Although I did not have too long before I ran into problems with my NDRL, the configuration was to do some simple drum patterns with the drum sequencer, while track 1 on the Beatstep Pro played back "Themes". track 2 on the beatstep drove the NDLR.  I know the original thesis on the NDLR was to create some musically interesting patterns to give people something to tweak sounds, but I found this combo compelling. 

I did not get as far as setting up the right-most 4 drum pads on the BeatStep to turn the individual parts on and off, but that is something I will try eventually.  The biggest niggle is that I was driving software instruments on a Mac, and each time I fired up the NDLR, it was 5 minutes to configure midi over USB. Other than that - awesome. 

So if you have both, do introduce them.

Bruce / Orkney
Hi Orkney, sounds like you've got a good start on exploring what The NDLR has to offer!

After configuring MIDI parameters, be sure to save your configuration. To do that:

Press the Menu button 
Then press the bottom right encoder for System menu 3 
Then press Shift and the top right encoder to save to the current Global Save patch

The NDLR will load the last saved patch or last loaded patch each time you turn it on, restoring your MIDI settings.

Darryl
(12-03-2018, 12:03 PM)Darryl Wrote: Thank you very much for that. It was a crucial missing piece for me, and was my one gripe about using the NDLR thus far.  But as an up side, having to start over from scratch had me ending up in a larger range of variations during my noodling sessions.

Bruce / Orkney
Quote:The NDLR will load the last saved patch or last loaded patch each time you turn it on, restoring your MIDI settings.

Unfortunately, my NDLR will not recall the last saved patch after doing:

Quote:Press the Menu button 
Then press the bottom right encoder for System menu 3 
Then press Shift and the top right encoder to save to the current Global Save patch

I have tried doing a factory reset and re-loading firmware.

008-0144-1812
When you press Shift and the encoder button to save, does it pop open a green box that says "Saved"?
Try manually loading the patch you saved.
(01-02-2019, 10:12 PM)Darryl Wrote: When you press Shift and the encoder button to save, does it pop open a green box that says "Saved"?

(01-02-2019, 10:12 PM)Darryl Wrote: When you press Shift and the encoder button to save, does it pop open a green box that says "Saved"?

It came good...spent the day building a template in Bigwig and the constant flow of cc's seem to have cleaned out a few buggy things it had going on Smile
Good news!
I have another problem. I can't get the beatstep pro control the chord changes on the ndlr when using the bsp step sequencer. What is the right setup?