Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dead ndlr
aloha,

today i tried to upgrade my ndlr, i went step by step until i did the paper clip thing, the moment i stuck the paper clip in the hole my ndlr went black. now i have no power, and cannot get it to power on.?

got any suggestions ? ... thank you. Huh

i just tried different power sources that have always worked, and even swapped out the usb cable, just in case that went bad. but still no lights on the ndlr.?
it says on your website " i quote"

" Update your firmware to the latest version for the best performance! Don’t worry, you can’t hurt anything by trying an update."

now my ndlr is dead.?
This happens from time to time. It's most likely that one of the steps wasn't done correctly, which is easy to do. Don't worry, it'll jump right back once we correct it.

1) The first step I am going to have you do is re-download the FW from here:
https://conductivelabs.com/wp-content/up..._.hex_.zip
save this to your desktop. (It sometimes happens that the file for the wrong device gets downloaded the first time around, and it will load it, but won't do things like make the Screen come on etc, best to download it again just in case)

2)Open the teensy loader application

3)Drag the .hex file onto the loader from the desktop, the lower edge of the app should say the correct hex file name that was loaded.

4)Press the Auto button on the Teensy App.

5)Connect the NDLR via USB to the computer once connected you may press the "paperclip" button to enter bootloader mode on the microprocessor.

6)You may hear a beep as the device is recognized by the computer and the Teensy Loader should automatically program the firmware and reset the unit for you. if it doesn't reboot, unplug it and plug it back in.

That should work, but if not, send me an email at Support@conductivelabs.com and I will set up a zoom meeting to sort it out. We've never had one bricked from flashing a fw, so we should be able to figure it out together.

Jesse
WOW,

you guys are great. it worked, and i am back up and running.

the NDLR is a great addition to my setup.

thank you very much Jesse. ...js