Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCC 880: Midi to PC just for Midi in 1?
Dear Reader - I am using Cubase 11 on WIN10 and I intend to use the MRCC880 as a Midi Interface for my DAW.
It appears to me that I only can use the MIDI IN 1 from my stage piano to record midi data.
But I also have a Synth with Aftertouch (which the stage piano has not have) and I indended to use this synth on MID IN 2.
I do not use both simultaneousliy, but unplugging the midi cable is not what I want to do, the MRCC880 is not within reach.

1) So far ist is impossible to me to make MIDI IN 2 delivering any data to my Cubase. What do I do wrong?

Any feedback is apprechiated.

Best regards, DD

(PS: english is not my motherthongue)
Hi DD,
Let me see if I can sort this out for you. There are two potential issues that I see could be at play:
1. Your DAW could not be set up to look at all the MRCC 880 ports, in which case you'll need to open preferences and usually it requires checking all possible ports you want access to from a list of available ports on the device.
2. You need to route the DIN Ports to the virtual ports in order for the data to be passed. The ports that are accessible on the computer are virtual ports which are not directly associated with any hardware (DIN) ports, in order to route Data into the PC you first need to route from the DIN to the PC ports.

Here's what the manual says:
Routing DIN Inputs to USB Virtual Outputs (from DIN to DAW)
1. Select a DIN input, its LED lights green.
2. Press and hold the PC Output button, the 4 output LEDs light a dim
blue.
3. Select an output, such as output 1 by selecting MIDI OUT 1. Its LED will
light up bright blue.
4. In your DAW or MIDI application, receive MIDI from DIN 1 by selecting
“MRCC 880”, which is USB MIDI virtual port 1.
Now your application will receive MIDI sent on DIN input 1.

This manual can be found at the following address:
https://conductivelabs.com/wp-content/up...e-v1.0.pdf

Let me know if one of these possibilities ended up being the issue, and if you need more help troubleshooting, feel free to reach out to me via email at support@conductivelabs.com
Jesse