Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCC to Control Soft Synths?
This may be stupidity on my part but here goes:

I Have the MRCC connected to my Mac via the PC connection.
I have no problem creating music in Logic and having it control external MIDI devices. It works great.

However, When I try to play soft synths on my Linnstrument (connected to USB B on MRCC) I get nothing.
In fact the blue light under the PC connection will not stay lit. It turns blue only while holding down. How do 
I get it to RECEIVE controller info?

Thanks!
If you've first selected the input (or source) port for the controller, the left button under USB B, then hold down the right button for output (or destination) of the PC port, and while holding, select one of the 12 port buttons.  This will select a virtual USB connection to your DAW.  There are 12 each coming and going between PC and MRCC.  You'll also need to assign, within the DAW, whichever one of the 12 you picked.  Since I don't use Logic, I can only guess there's a comparable device setup for the Linnstrument that will let you make that selection.  Disclaimer: since I'm not at my rig at the moment, I'm relying on memory.  The main point to remember is that the USB connection is not a single MIDI line, it is like having 12 pairs of MIDI lines, and they need to be assigned on both ends.  Hope that helps!
(10-13-2022, 10:00 PM)Dark Waves Wrote: If you've first selected the input (or source) port for the controller, the left button under USB B, then hold down the right button for output (or destination) of the PC port, and while holding, select one of the 12 port buttons.  This will select a virtual USB connection to your DAW.  There are 12 each coming and going between PC and MRCC.  You'll also need to assign, within the DAW, whichever one of the 12 you picked.  Since I don't use Logic, I can only guess there's a comparable device setup for the Linnstrument that will let you make that selection.  Disclaimer: since I'm not at my rig at the moment, I'm relying on memory.  The main point to remember is that the USB connection is not a single MIDI line, it is like having 12 pairs of MIDI lines, and they need to be assigned on both ends.  Hope that helps!

Most Excellent!
I just tried that and it worked flawlessly!
Thank you so much!

Cheers!!!
You're welcome, thanks for confirming.