Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB C vs USB A
Testing various configurations this morning and it seems that when connecting to a Mac, the MRCC is not recognized when I use a USB B to C cable,  but is fine when I use a USB B to A.

I tried powering down the MRCC  and also hot swapping the cables with no success. I did not try rebooting the Mac each time because ... 

Interestingly, the new MRCC 880 works just fine connected to either A or C ports.  Hot swapped or power cycle the 880, either creates a valid connection.
I have seen this issue with USB hubs, try plugging in the C side in before the B side goes into the MRCC. It may be that the Cable is a small 1 port USB hub rather than just wires inside (IE has a small processor inside).
These were all tested plugged directly into the ports on the Mac.  Also,  the hot plug tests were done by pulling, plugging the B connector at the MRCC.
Thanks for clarifying. It makes sense that we could be seeing different behavior on the 880 as it is utilizing a different proc with a different MIDI stack.