Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUG - not all channels transposing
(08-17-2022, 05:33 PM)Darryl Wrote: Hey Tom, we're looking into this. Using NDLR, we can set Note On to zero velocity so even if we don't have other equipment that does it, at least we have a convenient way to generate those messages. When we tried replicating the issue without concern for the Note On zero velocity issue it seemed that everything was working as expected. We're working through a list of issues, so we might have more questions when we get to this one.

Ok, so here's more data now that I'm home and have some time.
The key to causing failures seems to adding 4 or more MODs.

The device in question (Grex MXF8) is regularly sending out a MIDI note (33d in this case) on channels 1-8.
BUT - the notes are being sent like this -
Note OFF - 80h 21h 00h
Note ON - 90h 21h 7Fh  (for channel 1)

Start with a rebooted MRCC, blank preset.

So, the note OFF is first, then note ON.  The purpose is triggering loops in a sequencers/sampler at regular intervals.
Now, I create a Transpose #1 -- channel Any, Amount 12 and a Transpose #2 -- channel Any, Amount 3

Set up a route between the MXF8 and the computer.  Insert TP 1 as a MOD in slots 1, 2 and 3.
Start playing -- nothing unusual happens.  The notes on all 8 channels are transposed correctly.
Stop play.  Add a 4th TP1 MOD.  Start play.
Now channels 7 and 8 aren't transposing.
Stop play.  Add TP2 as the 5th MOD.  Start play.
Now channels 5 - 8 do not transpose.

Even if you delete the last two MODs, the transpose is still messed up on some channels.  You have to remove all the TP MODs and then it's OK, but as soon as you add some back, it gets bad again.

I just tried it again with another sequencer and if I set the step length long (like 2 to 4 bars) so that the Note ON time is long, it also messes up (and this sequencer uses Note on = 90h, note off = 90h, velocity 0)

Messages In This Thread
RE: BUG - not all channels transposing - by oldgearguy - 08-18-2022, 12:25 PM